• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tethering/Hotspot for EVO

That's not true. Sprint allows you to activate the hot spot service for as long or short as you want and you pay a prorated amount. Last month I went to Vegas for 5 days and I had the hot spot for my ipad, which was great because I could stream Netflix at 4g with no problem. I cancelled the service when I got home, and Sprint only billed me for those 5 days.

You are able to stream Netflix at 4g speeds? For some reason when I use the hotspot with my iPad, it's slower than normal, even when the phone is on 4g. I wonder why? I have even done speed tests on the ipad to try and see what speed i was getting, but it was dismal. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
You are able to stream Netflix at 4g speeds? For some reason when I use the hotspot with my iPad, it's slower than normal, even when the phone is on 4g. I wonder why? I have even done speed tests on the ipad to try and see what speed i was getting, but it was dismal. Any ideas?

Sorry, no idea. The 4G was even a bit spotty in the hotel (sometimes showing only 1 bar) but once the Netflix stream started, I had no problems streaming movies to my iPad, I figure there's some kind of buffering going on which adapts to the actual throughput. I'm using the Sprint hotspot, not a rooted one, in case that's a factor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones