• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Editor Scrolls to End of Document

PVanderv

Lurker
Dec 1, 2022
I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 running Android 12. Settings > Software Update says my software is up to date.

When I open text documents from Dropbox (.txt documents) or Google Calendar, and make a change in the text, it scrolls to the end of the document. Very annoying. Makes the text editor borderline useless. I don't know exactly which text editor app is being called when I open text documents. I haven't found a way to change the default text editor.

What should I do? Thanks.

I believe this solves the problem:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Del...matic-scrolling-to-bottom-of-page/td-p/589554

I had to jump through way too many hoops to figure out how to fix this myself, so I'm leaving my solution in this chain for David6162 & anyone else that comes looking for answers in the future.

I'm like 80% sure this issue is caused by the Grammarly implementation into the Samsung keyboard. Grammarly is responsible for the green underlines under text it wants you to check & for some reason it's extremely insistent on you confirming the most recent underline (typically near or at the bottom of the page), so it snaps you to it very frequently to get your attention.

First thing I tried was to just disable Grammarly outright in keyboard settings but that didn't seem to work for me, so I dug a little deeper and found you can manually select which apps you want to disable Grammarly spellchecking for.

Goto: Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard Settings > Suggest text corrections > Manage apps ; once there you can disable which apps Grammarly will try to check for you (in this case you should look for Dropbox). Bear in mind you will still have access to standard Samsung autocorrect after disabling this so spellchecking shouldn't be an issue after disabling this.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones