• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text message limitations

Go to MESSAGES>MENU>SETTINGS.When I ran stock 2.1.1 w/CRICKET,my SMS texts over 150 characters automatically converted the SMS to MMS & never had any problem sending or receiving SMS or MMS.I'm currently running CM7 & can't remember if stock 2.1.1 had settings to control this.I never touched the MESSAGING SETTINGS since it always worked for me.

Upvote 0
Changelog by by Isaacj87

v1.1:

- SINGLE BUILD THAT CONTAINS BOTH CARRIERS INFO

- Hopefully, fixed USB mounting issues for good (symlink'ed now to /system, data wiping won't kill it anymore)
- Since autorun.iso was moved to /system, it saved 12 megs of space. Yay.
- Increased Dalvik heap to 32m
- Added speed tweaks to build.prop (thanks to Killabyte)
- Reverting back to DroidSans font (Ubuntu fonts caused [] characters, I found a set that supposedly doesn't have issues. Maybe next version.
- Revert back to stable-ish version of DT's apps2sd, hopefully clear up some apps2sd issues
- Themed Huawei's shitty messaging app (thanks to Joenathan for the legwork)
- Fixed aspects of the Minimal_Green theme port. It's about 95% ported (thanks again to Joe)
- Added Flash lite 4. Haven't used it extensively, but it seems like it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kf33la9kfbqvn9r

Upvote 0
It seems that Cricket has a limitation on the number of characters allowed in a text message. Anything over 150 and the message wont send. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way to change it.

thanks

I can't remember if the stock messaging app in Icarus has an option to split sms messages over 150 characters or not. You might want to try a different messaging app. I used Handcent and tried GoSMS when I was on Icarus. Now that I'm on CM7 (everything works) there is an option in the stock app to split and number the messages. I accidentaly sent one of my best friends 9 messages (I forgot to lock the screen before I put it in my pocket) that the first 8 were blank.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones