• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Message On Nofitcation Bar?

Hi :)

I can pull down the notification bar but their's no clear option :(

If I click on the message it just goes to a blank text and later reappears on the notification bar :(

I'm just using the Messaging app that the phone has on it the one that came on it/

I have a LG Optimus phone

Hello there AlwaysCaring:)
Can you pull down the notification bar and hit "clear"? Or does it stay stuck there?
Are you using the stock messaging app or another app for messaging?

Upvote 0
I thought about doing that but will that erase my locked texts?
I have some texts that I don't want to lose so their locked.

Hmmm, wondering if a cache and data wipe of the messaging app would help?
You may lose your settings, if any, for the app, but worth a shot? :dontknow:
menu/settings/applications/all...scroll to the messaging app and clear cache and data.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, wondering if a cache and data wipe of the messaging app would help?
You may lose your settings, if any, for the app, but worth a shot? :dontknow:
menu/settings/applications/all...scroll to the messaging app and clear cache and data.

I think this will be your best bet... This doesn't happen often but sometimes its just needed

Upvote 0
Hi I thought I'd help here. SMS backup and restore backs up your texts. You have the option of backing up to an SD card and or uploading to Dropbox and Google Drive. Then once you do that you can clear the data, and go back into the app and hit restore and the texts will restored on your phone. Make sure you back up your texts before clearing data if they are very important I hope that helps you.
Anthony.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones