• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Messaging Times

JLW24

Dec 19, 2011
I am pretty sure on my old Droid2, in text messaging I was able to see the times of text messages received and sent. Now I can only see the times if it is the current day. So I can't say "I received a text from Joe Smith on December 26th at 10:15pm". It just simply says December 26th. Anyway to fix this??

Reactions: silentflow
I am pretty sure on my old Droid2, in text messaging I was able to see the times of text messages received and sent. Now I can only see the times if it is the current day. So I can't say "I received a text from Joe Smith on December 26th at 10:15pm". It just simply says December 26th. Anyway to fix this??

If you "long press" a message you can click view details. Its there. (if your asking how to show it all the time I don't think you can)

Reactions: JLW24
Upvote 0
I agree that this is an annoying problem. Good to know that you can still find them by long pressing. I received a text message last night, but by the time i got it, it was past midnight, so I couldn't tell what time it had been sent (didn't know about seeing the details of a message).

I hope they incorporate timestamps from previous days in future software upgrades.

EDIT: Are 3rd party messaging apps still having issues? i.e. handcent?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones