• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tg reloaded 03 04/ overclock questions

TheDirectorFur

Feb 21, 2012
Portland, OR
Hey guys so I'm running tg reloaded 3/4 with whyzor@Ubuntu #2 kernel and I was wondering the apps that I could use to overclock it, and what are some safe settings to oc to. if I raise the max do I also have to lower/raise the min as well and what do governors and schedulers do? Maybe we can turn this into a "Overclocking for Dummies"thread? God knows this is probably one of the most confusing parts of understanding a custom ROM. Thank you guys.

No frills CPU is the app to use foe overclocking, I run the interactive governor, clocked at 1517 Max, 122 min, and it runs magnificent, ran these settings for the longest, and I get deep sleep, so I see no better settings for my use, and grand battery life, I used cpu spy with all the governors and tons of days messing with the oc options, good luck, message me if you need any tips

Reactions: TheDirectorFur
Upvote 0
okay quick question lets say i want to update the OC kernel, how do i replace the old one without having to do a complete wipe?:rolleyes:

The kernel included with latest 03-04 CM7 Reloaded ROM is based on TheOC, which has stopped development, and includes newer GPU drivers that's NOT in theOC along with other fixes.

I recommend interactive governor, unless you have done extensive testing yourself and there's evidence another one is better on battery & performance, in which case I'd be interested to see the testing methodology and results.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones