• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help the Downloads app is missing, how to find downloads?[answer inside]

Thank you EM for the save.

as mentioned above, its also an icon on the apps screen.

you can also use the google search to find the icon. see attached screengrab.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-02-21-05-42.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-02-21-05-42.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
Nope, there's no Download app in Sense 4.0 - yeah, I know, silly.

Looking for the same here, it turned into a favorite explorer thread.

Yeah this wasn't the title of my thread. Some mod hijacked and changed the title.

I am referring when you download a pdf file from the Web browser, or any file for that matter.

If you go to internet menu downloads, that's what I am referring to.

There is no sep app or shortcut to downloads...

I am not looking for app downloads.

It exists on Transformer Prime running ICS.

It existed on Transformer Prime running Honeycomb.

It exists on EVO 4G.

Upvote 0
i just downloaded a pdf of a conference floor plan. i click on the downloads icon in the screen grab i posted up above and it shows the JUST downloaded file and also the history of past files/BT transfers, etc etc and so forth. so i am still at a loss kind sir what you are still looking for. :(

A separate app or one click icon that takes me there.

I don't want to have to use Google search to find an app that exists on my phone, but no direct way to get there. :)

Thanks for trying!

Upvote 0
A separate app or one click icon that takes me there.

I don't want to have to use Google search to find an app that exists on my phone, but no direct way to get there. :)

Thanks for trying!

On my One X, I've this 'Downloads' app in my apps tray and if I'd want it, I'd put it on the home screen and then have the icon there, or even shove the icon on the launch bar on the lower screen.

Did I understand right that the EVO 4G LTE hasn't the Downloads app in its apps tray?

Harry

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
On my One X, I've this 'Downloads' app in my apps tray and if I'd want it, I'd put it on the home screen and then have the icon there, or even shove the icon on the launch bar on the lower screen.

Did I understand right that the EVO 4G LTE hasn't the Downloads app in its apps tray?

Harry

I can't find it. I'm with EEE; there used to be an app shortcut in the list of apps for downloads. It is no longer there. I, too, see the downloads icon if you search for it with the google bar, but otherwise, it's not there.

Not here:

47e8bed9-4b58-a5d4.jpg

but here:

47e8bed9-4ba1-cfa6.jpg

Upvote 0
Think it's time I start posting on HTC forums to get some of this stuff resolved and or use the HTC app.

In the One X's Settings, Accounts is a HTC Account to choose. If you sign in you'll get more HTC apps and widgets.

I didn't sign in yet and I don't know if the EVO has this HTC account too. But I think it's worth a try and maybe you'll find this Downloads app ;)

Harry

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
yes what im saying is i dont think this is a "bug" to HTC. it seems to be designed this way out of the box, since there are other apps that do not have actual icons. mirror app, tunein, soundhound, etc etc and so forth.

i will say this: HTC should at least give a reason as to why they did this. its clear lots of people miss it. :)

i can count on one hand how many times i used this downloads button on past EVOs, so its not missed to me (plus i just used ES file explorer to grab my files anyway).

easy e, contacting HTC is sound advice mate....

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Found a solution on Sprint Community :)

1. Launch ES File Explorer
2. Run AppMgr
3. Select Category; Under "Select types" click "All"
4. Find the app you are looking for and do a long press on it; "Operations" will pop up, pick shortcut.

You will now have a shortcut for the hidden apps.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/428244

Harry

Upvote 0
Found a solution on Sprint Community :)

1. Launch ES File Explorer
2. Run AppMgr
3. Select Category; Under "Select types" click "All"
4. Find the app you are looking for and do a long press on it; "Operations" will pop up, pick shortcut.

You will now have a shortcut for the hidden apps.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/428244

Harry

well, that did it. Kudos.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
When I installed the Nova launcher, my hidden apps became visible (no short to Downloads, nice tip above) - but Downloads shows nothing on my phone, and I have both Downloads and Download holding stuff on the /sdcard, and the /sdcard2/Download.

It's just as worthless as the Download app on my 3vo (which had no shortcut for this).

What am I missing here??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones