• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The droid isn't being made anymore? What about the droid 2?

Kylef5993

Lurker
Sep 27, 2010
Hi I have an original droid and want a new phone. I heard they aren't making the droid or droid 2 anymore and the world edition is replacing them both? Is this happening because My droid was stolen and might just wait to get the droid world edition since I have a warranty.

The Droid 1 is definitely end of life and no longer available (unless they still have a few refurbs somewhere at the insurance co or Verizon). To the best of my knowledge the Droid 2 and Droid R2D2 are still available through Verizon's web site (at least they are in my region).

And Copestag is very definitely correct! If your phone was stolen you need to work through Assurian to get a replacement.

Upvote 0
Then why are they pulling them from WalMart? Multiple posts suggest that when the Droid 2 Global comes out there will no longer be a "plain" Droid 2
It might be part of their agreement with Walmart. Notice that the rumor indicates a "recall" and only seems to impact Walmart. What about Best Buy and all the other VZW resellers?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones