• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Evo is sold out everywhere!!!!!

So I switched to Sprint about 6 days ago and got a Blackberry Curve. (Biggest Mistake) I hated it and exchanged it 3 times hoping it would fix my problems but it didn't. I've been looking into the evo since b4 it was released and now I think it's worth the money. Problem is no one has it and everytime they do they sell like crazy. If I can't find one in the next 24 days then I can't get it for the upgrade price of 200 dollars :( any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Check Best Buy, radio shack, sprint stores, sprint online....

I just got my wife an Evo a week or so ago without any difficulty.

Posting your location would probably be helpful as well as other users might now of somewhere that has one. :)

well switched at best buy from verizon to sprint. Don't i HAVE to get the evo from there since i have to return my bb there? I live in the metro detroit area. And I asked if I could reserve one and they said no.

Upvote 0
I wonder if any of this "shortage" is a ploy much like the orchestrated 2-3yr Nintendo Wii shortage? The inability to obtain the phone creates free publicity. People hear how bad other people want it and can't get it... so it makes others even more curious to look into it.

Is it really an issue with not being able to produce enough screens? Or is it a marketing strategy to obtain a larger long term market share? Food for thought.

Upvote 0
I've called up about 10 sprint stores, 10 best buy stores, and 10 radio shacks all around my area and none of them have the Evo. I want it so bad! A lot of the places said there was waiting lists with like 50 people on it. What should I do and where is my best bet on getting one as soon as possible?
I ordered the black Evo from bestbuy(dot)com yesterday. I checked a few minutes ago and the still have the white model in stock on their website

Upvote 0
I wonder if any of this "shortage" is a ploy much like the orchestrated 2-3yr Nintendo Wii shortage? The inability to obtain the phone creates free publicity. People hear how bad other people want it and can't get it... so it makes others even more curious to look into it.

Is it really an issue with not being able to produce enough screens? Or is it a marketing strategy to obtain a larger long term market share? Food for thought.

I doubt it. I don't think that would be a good strategy either. The longer I've been waiting for this phone, the more appealing the samsung epic has become.

Upvote 0

HTC might like that kind of marketing "strategy", but I doubt it. Most definitely, Sprint does NOT like a phone shortage. The media is so clueless about the Evo that until you look for one, you don't know they are out of stock.

When phones are not available, most non-tech people tend to buy the next one that is available. Or worse, they go to Verizon and get a Droid.

Upvote 0
HTC might like that kind of marketing "strategy", but I doubt it. Most definitely, Sprint does NOT like a phone shortage. The media is so clueless about the Evo that until you look for one, you don't know they are out of stock.

When phones are not available, most non-tech people tend to buy the next one that is available. Or worse, they go to Verizon and get a Droid.

Yeah, here is a good article about just that. Also states that consumers are more loyal to the provider than the phone brand, so not a good idea for htc either.
The summer of the smartphone shortage | Signal Strength - CNET News

Upvote 0
I'm slowly losing interest in getting the phone because of it being sold out everywhere. I kind of feel that by the time I do get it, something better is a few weeks away. -_-

yeah. I'm starting to feel the same way. If the epic had a kickstand and was .3 inches bigger, I would get it in a heartbeat. If the Evo isn't in stock in the next week, i'm getting the epic

Upvote 0
yeah. I'm starting to feel the same way. If the epic had a kickstand and was .3 inches bigger, I would get it in a heartbeat. If the Evo isn't in stock in the next week, i'm getting the epic

I gave up looking for this phone last week. I don't even want it no more, I'm a wait on the Epic. I hope you find it somewhere tho.

I'm glad I'm not alone on this boat. What also adds more icing to the "not sure if I want it now" cake, is that Froyo is scheduled to be released around December. =/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones