• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The longer I have it, the more I love it!

Ok...so I've had this new Moment 24 hours and now this screen is making a loose clicking sound when it is closed. The noise comes from the left edge of the screen, it must be from carrying the phone in my pocket because I have been extra careful when I use the touchscreen.

You should really get a holster or something ive found over the years smart phones arent like a normal flip dumb phone that should just be thrown in your pocket, a pocket can do a lot 2 a phone, it really is ideal to get a holster with such a nice phone.

Upvote 0
You should really get a holster or something ive found over the years smart phones arent like a normal flip dumb phone that should just be thrown in your pocket, a pocket can do a lot 2 a phone, it really is ideal to get a holster with such a nice phone.

Very good point. Depending on where you work, where you go, you'd be surprised as to the amount of dust that can build up in your pocket which can later get onto and unfortunately into your phone. Plus little things like simply bumping a table corner can often be overlooked but severely damaging.

If you're going to pocket it, at least use some form of pouch. When I'm not using my seidio holster, I have a neoprene pouch that works pretty well. Keeps the dust out and lessens any physical damage that may happen.

Personally, after having the Hero for 2-3weeks, I'm just about at the same timeframe of owning my Moment and I'm not looking back. Very pleased with the phone and the only things I miss from the Hero are it's form factor and sense.

Upvote 0
Sorry, but if a mfg can't make a phone that can live in a pants pocket, it's a sad day. My moment lives in various pockets quite a bit. So did my Treo Pro, Palm Centro, BB 8830, Treo 700p, Samsung i500 and so on... Never had problems. Use a holster when I don't have pockets, but that's about it.

Sticking the phone in a pouch then in your pocket? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I agree with both arguments and I think it depends on the phone...the hero and my iPhone feel secure in my pocket, the moment\slider phones not so much.
Sorry, but if a mfg can't make a phone that can live in a pants p
ocket, it's a sad day. My moment lives in various pockets quite a bit. So did my Treo Pro, Palm Centro, BB 8830, Treo 700p, Samsung i500 and so on...

Upvote 0
Sorry, but if a mfg can't make a phone that can live in a pants pocket, it's a sad day. My moment lives in various pockets quite a bit. So did my Treo Pro, Palm Centro, BB 8830, Treo 700p, Samsung i500 and so on... Never had problems. Use a holster when I don't have pockets, but that's about it.

Redundant, I know. I've also had a Centro and a Curve, both had spent more time in my pocket as opposed to my holster and both have unfortunately malfunctioned which I attribute to being in my pocket. Obviously experiences will vary between each person, but if a pouch can prolong the life of my phone I'll deal with it.

Upvote 0
phones do have 1yr warranties. If something happens because dust got inside, it's a mfg defect and you get your phone replaced for free. Besides, after a year you'll be moving on to a new phone anyway since you're a premier member and will more than likely be taking advantage of a 2nd generation Android phone by then, hopefully a nicer HTC slider since they do it so well.

Upvote 0
I bought a new purse so my Moment would have it's own spacious pocket. :) I don't want to cover it. :)

Anyways, I agree that this is the best phone out right now, and I'm really irrittated at the lackluster reviews. If I hadn't seen and played with this phone myself, I would've missed out.

I was initially putoff by the size, and I preferred WebOS, but I'm glad I went with the Moment. It is comparatively an attractive phone (it looks better than the Hero and the Droid, but not the Pre, IMO), but mostly I fell in love with the hardware--the physical keyboard, the trackpad, the 4-arrow keys, and the screen size. And Android is pretty impressive, too. :)

Everything has worked well for me. I have had a few "no GPS signals" but it's never placed me out of country; however, the map isn't totally accurate/up-to-date so I have confused it a few times. I'm also really glad to have vanilla Android; though, I do wish I had some of the Hero's widgets, PandaHome allowed me to pretty up the phone and now everyone ohhs and awes when they see it. ;-)

My sole complaint is the lack of any kind of notification light. While definitely not a deal breaker, it'd be really nice to have.

Upvote 0
i absolutely love my moment! i just went out to purchase 1 yesterday. after calling 17 Radioshack stores i finally found a location that had 1 left! i was so excited. the phone exceeded my expectations! I was upgrading from a HTC Touch Pro. I must say windows mobile is terrible in every aspect possible compared to Android. The moment is one of the fastest most efficient phones I've ever owned. i recommend this phone to anyone who loves unlimited customization.

Upvote 0
I also love my Moment. It has every feature I've always wanted in a phone. For some reason I don't have GPS issues either. I consider myself lucky about that. I really wish Sprint would release an "official" leather case for it though. There still is no word on when that's gonna happen. I'm assuming within a month or so. I'm really not a big "skins" fan.

Upvote 0
Here's how I know I made the right choice by getting my Moment: Through all the issues I've had with this phone, including standard ones like GPS and the battery meter, to other ones such as the screen not working in the camera app causing me to hard reset the phone, I still absolutely LOVE IT!

Anything else technology-wise that gives me problems I can't fix on my own frustrates the ever-loving **** out of me to the point that I want to throw it out a window and never use it again. But no matter how many times my GPS tells me I'm 200 miles off the coast of Australia while flashing low battery when I know it has at least 50% left, I still look at it and get all fanboy-ish... :D

In a way it makes me happy that this phone has flown so low under the radar. It makes me feel like the few of us here that chose to go with the Moment are now part of a privileged clan that gets to enjoy such a great phone. Now let's just hope we get that 1.6/2.0 update sooner rather than later!

Upvote 0
I'm thinking of returning mine and going back to my Blackberry. I know how to workaround the battery meter and other shortcomings but still.. I miss the simplicity of BB. Android is a great and the Market is really the highlight.. still on the fence. I guess I'm just not a huge touchscreen fan. I do find the touchpad on the Moment to work very well though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones