• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The *OFFICIAL* I received Donut OTA and discussion Thread

First, I received the update around 6am on 10/3/09.

I was running aHome ... so i said install later ...

I then went into settings and applications and did a force close on aHome ...

Then went to About phone and did update reboot/install ...

All went well ... I always do updates fully charged and usually connected to power...

Here is the current phone Info:

Model number : T-Mobile G1
Firmware Version : 1.6
Baseband Version : 65.505.20.17H_2.22.19.26I
Kernel Version : 2.6.29-00479-g3c7df37
Build number : DRC83

quote]

jus got my update last night..

but my build number is DRC92
i have a mt3g... why is it diffrent? o btw...im new to the whole android phone scene...

Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

Just a quick question - I'm a HTC Magic user in the UK. It's supposed to be for Vodafone UK, but since it's unlocked I'm using it on Orange UK.

Does anybody know if Donut and future updates are made available directly from Google to the handset, or does the Carrier supply the update?

When I first switched the phone on, it found updates and installed them so I am hoping they are provided by Google, which would mean I still get them.

Orange UK does not carry the HTC Magic so I assume Orange themselves will not push any updates for that handset.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Matthew

Upvote 0
My GF got her update about 430pm yesterday Twin Cities, MN.

One thing I thought was strange, although we have the same market now, they show different apps. Every market page we went to listed different apps.

She is running stock 1.6 and I have Cy. 4.1.11.1, both on TMO and at same address in Twin Cities.

Anyone got a clue why the market would not show the same app list ? I thought it was carriere/country specific ?

Upvote 0
myTouch, Seattle, 206: Mine was waiting when I got up this morning about 7:30am PDT.

All I can say is that dxTop and the phone it self is running a lot more smoothly than it was before. Even the virutal keyboard isn't laggy :D

Of course, I don't restart my phone unless I need to which is about every 10 days.

Anyway, the best feature seems the undocumented performance improvements and I assume those come from the kernel upgrade!

Upvote 0
It came to Oregon yesterday afternoon. I have had all the versions since the beginning on my G1 and have to say this one has the fewest obvious changes and has caused the most problems. Nearly half my apps had to be upgraded. It took many tries to even get into the Market, probably because everyone else was updating apps, too. Unfortunately, most everything is slower now--many waits and quits--and even Wi-Fi connections are more finicky. Hopefully problems will shake out in time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones