• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

the secret to battery life and enjoying this phone

Idk if the radio is faulty. I have no issue with reception, yeah it is a little lower than other phones but does not drop data or anything. Maybe you live in the boonies and that is why but I am easily getting close to that with pretty decent usage....

I live in Cleveland Ohio and I have no bars sometimes 1 for voice ,and data is all over the place. There was a point this weekend I could not get voice or data at all.. I called Verizon tech support and they verified it's a radio issue that will be addressed in the next OTA. In mean time he stated to go to store and have Sim card switched out and if that don't help switch to a new unit. He stated its not every phone , but it is a known issue .:mad:
:mad:

Upvote 0
The LTE we get is very fast, but it also is a bigger drain on the battery than what you guys get in the UK.
LTE and the giant screen should use lots of battery. After a lil over 4 hours, my battery report indicates that the screen used 50% of the total battery used. While the SAMOLED is less taxing on battery life, it still is a giant screen...

On my last charge, I was at around 31 hours before plugging in, and had about 5% left on the batt. I didn't disable anything. I did leave wifi turned on the entire time, so that whenever I was at home or work, it would auto-switch to wifi. Not sure why anyone wouldn't do that anyway? 4G and the display are what kills the battery life, which should not come as a surprise.

How!?

I am easily getting 17-22 hrs of battery life on this phone with the stock battery and I am not doing anything special to save it. I find its easily the same battery life that I got with my droid OG. That includes:

-wifi/gps/bluetooth on all day
-4g on all day
-automatic screen brightness
- I only use the power widget and weather widget - i personally find widget take up a lot of ram/battery, just a habit from my droid OG
- my wallpaper is not moving
- phone set to end processes when close them and only 3 can be active
- I also swipe old apps out before i close the phone
- i have no sounds or vibrations for key presses and such

How do you set a limit of processes? Are you actively policing these? Or is there a way to make this automatic?

Also, swiping from the task switcher doesn't actually terminate the app.

Dude your battery usuage is nothing compared to mine. I left home Saturday morning at 9am on a full charge. Visited family out of town for the weekend. Phone was on all weekend as well, never turned off. The phone was used quite often, in fact my brother played with it a bit to check out the phone. I got home last night at 7:30pm and had 5% left on the battery. Over 1.5 days running on the extended battery without a full charge.

The only thing turned off was bluetooth.

Again... how?! lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones