1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General The Size Just Became Normal...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lev16, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Lev16

Lev16 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    And all of the sudden, the Gnex doesn't feel so big anymore; everything else just feels tiny :D

I was one of the doubters a couple months ago when we were still waiting for this thing to get released. 4.65" sounded absolutely too big coming from the Dinc. I was concerned that Samsung/Google had overdone it this time.

Well... I was wrong.

It took my about 10 days (got mine for Xmas), but all of the sudden yesterday I was playing with the phone, and it hit me that the size is absolutely perfect. Reading websites, playing games, watching vids, etc.

Every other phone on the market is TINY now, including the obsolete iFruit phone. If anyone has any doubt about the size, trust me it's not an issue. Actually, it's the opposite: I would never buy another phone any smaller. It's so pleasant using the bigger screen, that I actually question whether I'll be getting a tablet this year. The Nexus tablet will probably make me rethink that though... :rolleyes:

Advertisement

snuggles, Outatime, 2010 ZR1 and 3 others like this.
  2. jraskell

jraskell Member
    None

Oct 31, 2011
    Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Most of the people I show the phone to, I let hold and use it before I tell them the screen size. Nobody has made a single comment that it felt too big. Most were surprised at how large the screen was.

3. Erikson

Erikson Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    It's large, but it works. Fits into pockup nicely, doesn't feel bulky.

Gripping it takes some getting used to, so paranoid about dropping it.

4. artman540

artman540 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Restaurant manager
    Kissimmee, Florida
    I'm 5'5" and asian. Not full on asian, I'm French Vietnamese mix, so I like to say 100% French for S and G's. I have these stubby little fingers with bloated knuckles from a lifetime of bronchiolar asthma, but, coming from the Fascinate, I think this phone is the perfect size and I have no problem one-handing it.

mattywalnuts likes this.
  5. elitegamer

None

Jun 18, 2011
    haha it kills me when people says it takes getting used to holding it, really ? i mean is your hands oiled up lmao. i mean i have no problem holding like any other phones.

6. Lev16

Lev16 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    I never had an issue with holding it. Big hands. To be honest, I never had an issue with the size, period. It just seemed a lot bigger than what I was coming from. My point was that after 10 days of use, I couldn't imagine using anything smaller.

7. mattywalnuts

mattywalnuts Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2011
    L.I.
    i had to use my droid 2 the other day to take a picture of my nexus and the droid felt short and stubby...i do think though the sides of the nexus are a little too slick, i have big hands and i still get a little nervous when holding it sometimes.

8. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    lol i had this same ahhh haaaa moment the other day when fondling my DroidX before i sold that sucker. I was like wow...i really have gotten use to the G Nex size because this droidX feels small.

9. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

The secret of the Nexus is the software buttons. Then managed a MUCH bigger screen in a only "slightly" bigger phone.

I still look at the phone .. totally buttonless on the front .. thinking how sleek and sexy it looks.

overbyc1 likes this.
  10. Lev16

Lev16 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    Man, I totally agree. And I only slightly feel like a nerd for saying it out loud on a phone forum.

11. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    lol @ the last two posts....lol

12. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    I've been using my Nexus for a bit over a week.... and then I just the other day picked up a family members old Droid Eris (to copy files)... that phone felt like a toy in my hand it's so small. That said I still love the feel of my original Droid.

13. TheWenger

TheWenger Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Yeah I picked up my wife's iPhone (3.5" screen) the other day and was like "holy snap that's tiny". Just now I looked at my HTC Hero (3.2" screen) I had before getting my Nexus and wondered how in the hell I ever used that.

14. Mr. Poppalopolis

None

Jun 17, 2010
    Akron, OH
    I used to think that 4" was the perfect screen size until I actually owned a larger phone. Makes me think of the announcement when Samsung said they made a 4" phone, everyone loved it, then a 4.3" phone, then a 4.5" phone, and so on. Makes more sense to me now but to be fair the Infuse felt terrible in my hand.

15. kam187

kam187 Android Expert
    None

Aug 3, 2009
    UK
    I have to say over 50% of the people who look at my phone say omg its huge. I also find typing and reaching for the notification bar a little bit of a stretch (im 6'1"). I also find in some jeans it doesn't fit properly - it feels like you might snap it in half if you bend your leg.

BUT, when it comes to reading email and using the browser I don't remember once thinking it was annoying and thought I need to get to my laptop. All things considered its the best compromise on size i think.

I also notice looking at other peoples phones they feel tiny, but what gets me right away is the screen res. Its like when you try to use someone's 1024x768 laptop after using a 1920x1200 screen on yours!

(Had it since late november)

16. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    I love the thing. I too was worried it would be to large, but lately I've been using my Incredible as an MP3 player (can't decide if I should keep it or sell it) and it just seems tiny... especially the screen.

Tags: