• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Tablet Tavern

Well, my mom is moving. She has serious health concerns and has a series of medical appointments to clear her for flight tomorrow. Fun! Lol anyway, where she's going she will have a better quality of life. It's not fun for her here in the mountains. How's it goin, Kaat?

So she's moving further away now? That's a downer :eek: But yah, better for her.

Hi BB! :wavey:

A wee down for myself lately. Maybe it's the constant pouring rains, the shorter daylight, lack of real holiday this last summer (saving days and cash for next year) or the stress in the office.

Upvote 0
I also had a pumpkin martini which was delicious!!

You are such a girl, BB. ;)

A Martini should be made this way ...

Step one, chill glass.
Step two, add cracked ice to shaker (crushed makes it too watery and cubes are too big).
Step three, add a capfull of Noilly Prat extra dry vermouth, shake gently and drain excess liquid.
Step four, add 2 oz. of Luksusowa Potato Vodka and shake for 6.2 seconds (actually, that assumes an ambient temperature of 70

Upvote 0
Well, my mom is moving. She has serious health concerns and has a series of medical appointments to clear her for flight tomorrow. Fun! Lol anyway, where she's going she will have a better quality of life. It's not fun for her here in the mountains. How's it goin, Kaat?

Your mom isn't moving too far away is she?

Upvote 0
Why am I picturing something like these?

400_F_49990486_1c8G7yi17RyKgA2S6V3iaAC9go3eNWHF.jpg

Upvote 0
Hahaha. Forgot you know exactly where I am. No, not exactly. Twin cities.
Edit: ok, if we're getting technical, you don't know exactly where I am but geesh! Lol

You do realize that the Mississippi starts in Minneapolis/St. Paul. You theoretically *could* send mom up the river and she'd still get there. :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, just got up myself. Have to get into work early today to make bread for a photo shoot for the Washingtonian magazine. They're coming to the restaurant this morning to photograph some food for the Top 100 issue. It's not due out for a few months so we won't know where we'll sit for a while. :eek:
Crossing fingers!

Probably one of the best baguettes we've produced. Proud to say I had a hand in the production for all of em (mixed all the doughs, divided, shaped, scored and baked :)). Have to say, the ones I scored (the slashes; takes a lot of practice to do it well with baguettes) was the best of the three of us there; including my boss. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones