• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The Villain 5.4 upgrade thread

i rooted phone the other day and i think i used the 5.4 rom first time going but i have to say its abit buggy, freezes when it wants, cant set custom wallpapers & stuff. i kinda dont think its amazing.

where can i get 5.3 from and exactly how can i flash this? can i just download the rom & flash it over..iam still so new to this.

cheers

Upvote 0
i rooted phone the other day and i think i used the 5.4 rom first time going but i have to say its abit buggy, freezes when it wants, cant set custom wallpapers & stuff. i kinda dont think its amazing.

where can i get 5.3 from and exactly how can i flash this? can i just download the rom & flash it over..iam still so new to this.

cheers

yea a lot of people are reporting issues with going straight to 5.4 (especially regarding wallpapers). I'd suggest wiping, then install 5.3 from here. Then install the Villain OTA updater and upgrade to 5.4 without wiping.

Upvote 0
There was an update to fix it, but I guess you missed it with your SU perms issues. So did you manage to get into the Villain updater now?

Unfortunately not, I've restarted my phone several times. Everytime it either asks to FC or "wait". I've tried both options with no luck :p

Do you think i can I manually install the villan OTA updater? Or would that mess up something in the software?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones