• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Walking Dead (Midseason Finale)

One of the bigger things I noticed that they've changed is, in the show, Andrea and Michonne end up in Woodbury rather than Rick, Michonne and was it Glenn? That means no one handed Rick I guess.

What I want to know is will they end the season the same way the prison stay ended in the comic books. If they even go halfway I'll be impressed. Also, will there be the story of the few survivors in the prison when the group gets there?

Looking forward to the premier regardless. 3 weeks and eagerly counting.

Edit: Probably should get a Walking Dead season 3 started.
Well, season 3 is here, and watching the first episode reminds me how much better it is than other shows that want to emulate it like Falling Skies or Revolution. I also doubt they would end the prison story arc the way they do in the books, that would be pretty hardcore. Nice to see Michonne and her "pets" survive intact.

Any mods or guides that see this, could you just change the thread title to The Walking Dead? We don't need a bunch of different threads for the same show. Thanks!

Upvote 0
it was kind of stupid... that they wasted so many bullets shooting the zombies in the prison yard.
just stand at the fence.. and poke them in the eye.

why go through the prison.. look for them.. run into big groups of them?
stand at the entrance and call them out... kill them as they come down the hall.

why not chop at the head of a still zombie, as you walk by? just to make sure it is expired!

Upvote 0
My only complaint (and its not really a complaint) from this episode, is when they were shooting... there was NO recoil at all! and then Carol goes on saying her shoulder hurts from the "kick back" ... they didn't do so well on that part of this episode... last season they used blank rounds so the gun would actually kick but not shoot anything, why they didn't this time around I have no idea. But I hope they see that and realize how cheap it looked because of that.

Now what are your thoughts on how Hershel will fair? I have my suspicions based on what happened in the comics but it was a different character

Upvote 0
There are a few things I noticed in regards to continuity.

When they showed the prison in the last episode of season 3, the prison looked a lot bigger. It kinda shrunk ;).

Carl seems to have grown quite a bit in 6 months (I believe that's where it continues). I realize there isn't much they can do about that, but it was noticeable. He seems to have gotten a little SMARTER too :rolleyes:.

I would love to own the shotgun Hershel was using in the last stand at the farm. He never had to reload.

I have to remind my self that it's a TV show, because I think in a real life Zombie situation, most people would have done things a lot smarter. My list of chores are as followed:

1. I would hit up a gun store and stock up on everything. Hopefully something will be left to acquire :D.
2. Hit up a feed store or similar and grab seeds to grow food.
3. Grab Food and Water!!!
4. Look for a secure place to defend and plant food. I would think a prison is about a good as it gets. But an island in the southern part of the country where it will stay relatively warm throughout the Winter would work as well.
5. After the first Winter, consider heading North. After a brutal Winter in let's say Minnesota, all the remaining Zombies SHOULD be frozen and thus, in theory, finally dead or not Walkers any more.

Half the fun is trying to figure out what you would do and compare it to what happens on the show.

Upvote 0
The original cast is shrinking.

I liked T-Dog. His character was the most believable. He looked truly choked up during Talking Dead last night. I won't miss Lori. I would have eaten the morning after pills like Skittles if I was in the Zombie Apocalypse (oh and if I was a female ;) ).

What's with the heads in the aquariums?

Upvote 0
The original cast is shrinking.

I liked T-Dog. His character was the most believable. He looked truly choked up during Talking Dead last night. I won't miss Lori. I would have eaten the morning after pills like Skittles if I was in the Zombie Apocalypse (oh and if I was a female ;) ).

What's with the heads in the aquariums?

T-Dog was a cool character, they should have used him more. I would have liked to have seen a confrontation between him and Merle.
He had the aquarium heads in the books, don't think there was a real reason, just shows what a sicko he is. When he went in that room I was expecting him to have his zombie daughter chained up in there. Wonder if that will come later, he did mention having a wife and daughter in the last episode.
Agreed that Lori was a dumbass for going ahead with the pregnancy, especially if she had a c- section with Carl, she likely would need one again. I think she was very selfish, knowing she already had a son to raise, now he's definitely going to have mental health issues lol.

Upvote 0
T-Dog was a cool character, they should have used him more. I would have liked to have seen a confrontation between him and Merle.
He had the aquarium heads in the books, don't think there was a real reason, just shows what a sicko he is. When he went in that room I was expecting him to have his zombie daughter chained up in there. Wonder if that will come later, he did mention having a wife and daughter in the last episode.
Agreed that Lori was a dumbass for going ahead with the pregnancy, especially if she had a c- section with Carl, she likely would need one again. I think she was very selfish, knowing she already had a son to raise, now he's definitely going to have mental health issues lol.

I think that's why they killed off T-dog. If he had the confrontation with Merle, it may have put T-dog and Daryl at odds (again), the group has come to be too tight for that, but Merle is blood.

Upvote 0
wow what do you think of all thats going on!? I am really looking forward to the towns reaction to the flash bangs and tear gas haha

Though the governor will have the ability to stop it all with the hostage situation.

In the preview for the next episode they showed carl rushing everyone into the cell saying "leave her" who do you think they are refereeing to?

my speculation is Judith (the baby) only other in my mind would be Carole

There is so much going on to keep track of in your head at this point! I really wish they weren't at episode 8 already! haha

Upvote 0
With ratings how they are I am very sure there will be a 4th season

Episode - Walking Dead Wiki

in that link you can see how each season gets more and more followers.

I am impatiently waiting for season 3 to start back up, only one more month! lol

Haha like the show is infectious I'm sure loads of fans started watching after playing the telltale game :)

Upvote 0
Who do you guys think will die next in Season 4? The Governor? Judith? Carol?

I think since Judith dies in the comics she MIGHT die in the series, but they haven't exactly been in sync with the comics.. In the comics, Dale actually makes it to the prison in the and Hershel dies at the farm. So I dunno.

So, yeah.. who do you guys think will die next? :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones