• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Walking Dead on DirecTV Rant

zoxxo

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
Issaquah, WA
So all of last season my DirecTV DVR would dutifully record The Walking Dead on Sunday night. As soon as I learned that the new season was starting up, I checked my DVR to make sure my settings were OK. I learned that for some odd reason, the DVR had pushed the recording to Friday night, even though the show airs on Sunday night. So I canceled the Friday night setting and reenabled the Sunday night recording.

Last night it was my Birthday and I spent the evening at my sisters house having dinner. I got home early enough to watch the show. When I checked the DVR, it wasn't there. I looked at the task list and discovered that the show was going to record on Friday night, and in the history area of the DVR, it showed that the Sunday night recording was canceled. Needless to say that my cat had to block her ears to avoid my language of frustration.

Now I have to spend the week avoiding all of my Walking Dead friends and stay off of Internet chat boards so that I don't spoil the suprise.

Sheesh, I am frustrated!!! :(:rolleyes:

Dude, relax and go watch it for free online on the AMC website. It's only for a limited time so hurry. Link is here.

Good episode by the way.
Don't worry, I'm not freaked out, just mildly peeved. As much as I want to watch it right now (or last night), I'll wait until Friday and see it on the big screen...

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones