• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] GingerFusion3.9 *Bluetooth Fixed 1/26/2012*

Yes i have too.

I can now confirm that it is the theme that force closes bluetooth. Ive been having bluetooth problems for 4 days now since i installed PG's ROM and i thought that was the cause because when i was on stock i had no bluetooth problems before i updated. So now i flashed back to stock and i tested bluetooth and i was successfully able to pair to 5 devices. So then i really thought that extreme esteem 1.1 was the cause. So now im back to stock and i decided to flash just the theme alone because i like it so much with the dark blue and when it was successful the first thing i tried before even trying to get my apps back was try to pair with a device and BAM i got a force close. So i guess the reason it was crashing when i was in PG's Rom is because this theme comes preinstalled with the ROM. I understand you say that themes cant break the bluetooth but if you want i can make you a youtube video going back to stock and pairing with a device then flashing the theme and trying to pair so you can see the crash.

I'm not simply saying a theme can't break Bluetooth. It's a fact. This theme only has modified images. Other than that, it is the same exact files that are in the stock ROM.

Upvote 0
Whatever apk you're editing needs to be in the "place_apk_here_for_Modding" folder. Then do option 22 to select current job, then it should show whichever apk you have the folder I mentioned. Press the number next to it (should be 1) then hit enter. Then go about extracting or decompiling the apk.

Doesnt show me squat.... just says pick the project, and i typed 1 just to see if it just forgot to show it for whatever reason and it simply takes me back to the main menu and wont let me compile. Asks for the project again.

Upvote 0
Doesnt show me squat.... just says pick the project, and i typed 1 just to see if it just forgot to show it for whatever reason and it simply takes me back to the main menu and wont let me compile. Asks for the project again.

That's weird, did you rename the folders or anything? They have to have the original names (place_apk_here_for_modding) or it won't work right. If you renamed them, you can just delete the entire folder then re-extract the zip file. Other than that I don't see why it's acting up.

Upvote 0
That's weird, did you rename the folders or anything? They have to have the original names (place_apk_here_for_modding) or it won't work right. If you renamed them, you can just delete the entire folder then re-extract the zip file. Other than that I don't see why it's acting up.

Only thing I changed was the systemui file from the stock to gingersteem. Still nothing

Upvote 0
Only thing I changed was the systemui file from the stock to gingersteem. Still nothing

Ok so just for reference, these are the steps you took so far:

Downloaded apkmanager
Extracted zip file to desktop (or wherever)
Placed the SystemUI.apk in the "place_apk_here_for_modding" folder
Double click "Script"
Pressed option "22" then hit enter

Then that's when nothing even shows up in options right?

Upvote 0
Looks good spc, just flashed for the first time and I like it. Skimmed over the last 2 pages, to see if anybody else said anything (I didn't see anything) could you perhaps theme the dialer and/or contacts apk? The stock icons don't really look good with the theme lol

Thanks! I've actually been meaning to theme those. I've made a little progress but themeing that stuff is pretty confusing and hard lol. It is definitely going to get done though!

In the meantime, GingerPinkie1.0 is currently uploading so for any gals (and some guys) that want a pink theme, it's on it's way!!!

Upvote 0
Thanks! I've actually been meaning to theme those. I've made a little progress but themeing that stuff is pretty confusing and hard lol. It is definitely going to get done though!

In the meantime, GingerPinkie1.0 is currently uploading so for any gals (and some guys) that want a pink theme, it's on it's way!!!

Can any of your themes be used over the stock esteem rom that has not been altered in any way only root. cwm. and kernal

Upvote 0
I think I'll put that 1 on my friends esteem when she gets it lol
EDIT: will it get its own thread or be added to this 1?
EDIT 2: nevermind lol

Yeah I was kind of guessing just from the first part of your username that you wouldn't use a theme called GingerPinkie lmao!

Can any of your themes be used over the stock esteem rom that has not been altered in any way only root. cwm. and kernal

Essentially yes, although I can't promise it 100%. My themes are based off of the stock files with just image edits so it should work just fine. However, if it does mess up for some odd reason, you will have to go back to stock or flash one of the ROMs to fix it.

Upvote 0
Ok so just for reference, these are the steps you took so far:

Downloaded apkmanager
Extracted zip file to desktop (or wherever)
Placed the SystemUI.apk in the "place_apk_here_for_modding" folder
Double click "Script"
Pressed option "22" then hit enter

Then that's when nothing even shows up in options right?

Yep.

Upvote 0
Hey anyone else having bluetooth pairing problems after this update? Keeps crashing on pair attempts. I restored some pairings with titanium and those seem to connect ok. Just pairing seems affected.

I'm also having problems paring with this ROM, I used the ODB check app before with no problems and now I cant pair with anything, I get FC evreytime :( I love the ROM tho, too bad it has this issue that a few of us are experiencing. I tried all the fixes mentioned in this forum except flashing a different ROM, still waiting for a fix on this one, I hope someone figures it out.

Upvote 0
I'm also having problems paring with this ROM, I used the ODB check app before with no problems and now I cant pair with anything, I get FC evreytime :( I love the ROM tho, too bad it has this issue that a few of us are experiencing. I tried all the fixes mentioned in this forum except flashing a different ROM, still waiting for a fix on this one, I hope someone figures it out.

I wouldnt hold my breathe. I spoke to the dev about the problem and he refuses to acknowledge the theme is causing FC's. According to him its just images and images cant break bluetooth. Funny thing is bluetooth works fine till you install these "images". I alerted Playfulgod but he cant reproduce the problem so he cant help. Your best bet is you use gingersteem 1.0 by MT and theme it yourself with UOT kitchen. Thats what i did and bluetooth is working great.

Reactions: Strider0007
Upvote 0
I wouldnt hold my breathe. I spoke to the dev about the problem and he refuses to acknowledge the theme is causing FC's. According to him its just images and images cant break bluetooth. Funny thing is bluetooth works fine till you install these "images". I alerted Playfulgod but he cant reproduce the problem so he cant help. Your best bet is you use gingersteem 1.0 by MT and theme it yourself with UOT kitchen. Thats what i did and bluetooth is working great.

You can't get me to acknowledge it because it has only happened to a few people. If it was the theme, it would have happened to EVERYONE. I'm not some idiot, I've been doing this for years and obviously you haven't. I understand your frustration but you need to understand facts. The Bluetooth issues have not hit everyone, therefore the theme isn't the cause. And I did ONLY edit images. Maybe your phones just don't like flashing something over a ROM. I can promise you 100% it is NOT the theme.

Upvote 0
You can't get me to acknowledge it because it has only happened to a few people. If it was the theme, it would have happened to EVERYONE. I'm not some idiot, I've been doing this for years and obviously you haven't. I understand your frustration but you need to understand facts. The Bluetooth issues have not hit everyone, therefore the theme isn't the cause. And I did ONLY edit images. Maybe your phones just don't like flashing something over a ROM. I can promise you 100% it is NOT the theme.

Agreed, if it was the theme then everyone who flashed the theme would have that problem.

Reactions: spc_hicks09
Upvote 0

The problem is not wide spread. There is literally like 10 people who have the problem out of 100 or more people who have flashed pgs ROM with the theme and the all the people that have flashed the theme alone therefore its obviously NOT the theme or else EVERYONE would have the issue which was proven that people are able to pair their device while having this theme. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was you that said its because SPC. Themed the stock music apk which I told you and he has not themed the music apk. Even says so in the OP.

Sorry you are having problems, but obviously its not spcs theme or else everyone would have the problem which they dont. Themes are literally Png image files. Swapping or photo shopping/theme'n pictures is NOT going to break something like bluetooth. Blue tooth does not rely on PNG images to operate.

So don't blame Spc for a VERY limited problem. Nutmeg has no issues. PlayfulGod has no issues. A huge handful of users have no issues and they ALL have this theme and or the theme and ROM.

Reactions: spc_hicks09
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones