• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME]Icecream Sandwich

I themed the Power control widget to resemble ICS.. Here are some screen shots..It would be a nice addition to varun's theme..
Here is the link
2nulkdh.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?s57nbhrdlq5pb1x

To install,
1) simply use root explorer to copy the settings.apk to system/ folder..
2)Then set the permissions to this
xajo4.jpg

3)MOVE the settings.apk to system/apps folder and replace the already existing one

Upvote 0
Many themers coming to A70 huh :D

gr8 to see them :D
Theming is not my field of interest but I love just to see there photos on the forums :D :D :D :)

@Varun : Use Photoshop and make the background of notification pane to be translucent !
Yup it is possible in photoshop ! by setting up something like opacity :p
Like i said earlier I am not interested the looks :p hence I hardly know abt the Theming !!

Btw for adding the Power menu use Sam's frame work and do the same things again ...
it will be done with Power menu and ICS transitions !

Upvote 0
I themed the Power control widget to resemble ICS.. Here are some screen shots..It would be a nice addition to varun's theme..
Here is the link
2nulkdh.png

Settings.apk

To install,
1) simply use root explorer to copy the settings.apk to system/ folder..
2)Then set the permissions to this
xajo4.jpg

3)MOVE the settings.apk to system/apps folder and replace the already existing one

Nice work ;)

Reactions: adityadeva
Upvote 0
Many themers coming to A70 huh :D

gr8 to see them :D
Theming is not my field of interest but I love just to see there photos on the forums :D :D :D :)

@Varun : Use Photoshop and make the background of notification pane to be translucent !
Yup it is possible in photoshop ! by setting up something like opacity :p
Like i said earlier I am not interested the looks :p hence I hardly know abt the Theming !!

Btw for adding the Power menu use Sam's frame work and do the same things again ...
it will be done with Power menu and ICS transitions !

It's difficult.
It took a lot of time to make the Power menu working..throws bootloops...

Needs lotsa luck ;)

(seems like it already has the transitions)

Upvote 0
Transparency had been tested earlier, worked on stock launcher only.
It IS launcher dependent.different launchers handle framework differently.

nope ...
It is just modification of PNG in framework-res.apk ..
I personally use modified stuff ... [[ From UOT kitchen ]]
u r speaking of Notification bar ! it is launcher dependent and not Notification

Upvote 0
@ninad
I agree with Akshay and Sunil.
I have tried that transparency thingy by adding alpha patches using GIMP but it appears transparent in following conditions
1.lockscreen
2.live wallpaper
3.completely transparent without any problem on stock launcher

@Sunil
I have downsized the hdpi pngs to mdpi pngs
Moreover for that transparent power control, I think u replaced 1 png in settings.apk with transparent one right?
I cannot remember name of that png but I will try it :)

Upvote 0
@varun
yep, its called appwidget_bg.9.png
Did you use apkmanager to decompile the apk or did u do it using 7zip ?
I was using apkmanager for modding settings.apk and even if i just decompile and recompile without making modifications and push it to phone, it throws errors
any idea why ?

also the statusbar icons, when they are compressed from HDPI to MDPI look a lot worse than original MDPI icons.. thats why the battery icon is barely visible..
Arent there any MDPI ICS Stock phone from which we can rip the status bar icons from ?

Upvote 0
@varun
yep, its called appwidget_bg.9.png
Did you use apkmanager to decompile the apk or did u do it using 7zip ?
I was using apkmanager for modding settings.apk and even if i just decompile and recompile without making modifications and push it to phone, it throws errors
any idea why ?

also the statusbar icons, when they are compressed from HDPI to MDPI look a lot worse than original MDPI icons.. thats why the battery icon is barely visible..
Arent there any MDPI ICS Stock phone from which we can rip the status bar icons from ?

Simple reason: A70 framework is shit!
I tried for months but couldn't get reboot option in power menu to work.
Sam did that after lotsa hard work!
And varun had quite a good luck that these worked in one go.
(Btw i tried the upgraded version of apkmanager, Apk multi tool, decompilation and recompilation worked ;) )

Reactions: samrox144
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones