• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {Theme} REDbread DJ05

nitsuj17

Android Expert
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
*Im not responsible for anything that happens to your super awesome vzw fascinate*

Here is a red version of the popular gingerbread theme...gb seems to be love it or hate it, but whatever :rolleyes:

Whats themed? framework, twframework, browser, dialer, google voice widget (wip), news/weather widget, aosp deskclock, and icons built into other apks

theme has reboot and acc battery

bug report if you catch stuff wrong

1.28.11 bugfixes, added the bing-less browser, credit to however made it (sorry name escapes me atm..let me know!!!)

Credit:
dtachtd and retrokid223 for all the theme help

*if im leaving anyone out, let me know :)*

Screens:
dialer.png
pulldown.png

lockscreen.png
homescreen1.png

homescreen2.png

CWR Install
V1.5 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/REDbread/DJ05_REDbread_nitsuj17_v1.5_battmod.zip
V1.0 - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/REDbread/DJ05_REDbread_nitsuj17_v1.0_battmod.zip

Another great theme...thanks nitsuj
Would it be possible to put in a batt icon with no percentage?
I hate to see info twice on the screen..ie when using a batt widget with percentage and its there on notification bar. Is also why I use your no clock mod on all the themes...you know with all the time widgets displaying time.

But wicked good theme anyways. :D:D

Upvote 0
Another great theme...thanks nitsuj
Would it be possible to put in a batt icon with no percentage?
I hate to see info twice on the screen..ie when using a batt widget with percentage and its there on notification bar. Is also why I use your no clock mod on all the themes...you know with all the time widgets displaying time.

But wicked good theme anyways. :D:D

I suppose i could throw the no batt mod one in....i did it for bluebread. :)

Upvote 0
Not exactly redbread material but I love that microbes lwp. Didnt even notice will today they change direction when they hit each other or that they eat your white dots. So :cool: goldmine of a find there nitsuj17 :D

yeah that and the updated nexus lwp are great ones from the 2.3 system dump....currently looking through the honeycomb system dump now...mostly like gb...with some revisions........

Upvote 0
Wasn't sure where to post this, as it could be exclusive to this theme (but I swear this happened to me once before when flashing a kernel).

First I'd like to get this out of the way: THIS THEME IS AWESOME. Thanks nitsuj17.

Battery was in the 30's, plugged in phone to usb that was connected to my computer. Copied over Redbread 1.5 zip to the root of the sd, then while still plugged in, booted into recovery, wiped cache and then installed zip. Rebooted, and then the battery was at 65 and stuck there. I tried rebooting, no luck. So, i let it charge past 65 and then checked and that made the notification icon stick at 80%, but the % on the lock screen was below it.

I booted back into recovery, wiped cache twice, reinstalled the theme, and now I am still in the same boat. At the moment, I am waiting for the phone to charge to 100%, and then I will attempt to wipe battery stats and see if that helps.

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Wasn't sure where to post this, as it could be exclusive to this theme (but I swear this happened to me once before when flashing a kernel).

First I'd like to get this out of the way: THIS THEME IS AWESOME. Thanks nitsuj17.

Battery was in the 30's, plugged in phone to usb that was connected to my computer. Copied over Redbread 1.5 zip to the root of the sd, then while still plugged in, booted into recovery, wiped cache and then installed zip. Rebooted, and then the battery was at 65 and stuck there. I tried rebooting, no luck. So, i let it charge past 65 and then checked and that made the notification icon stick at 80%, but the % on the lock screen was below it.

I booted back into recovery, wiped cache twice, reinstalled the theme, and now I am still in the same boat. At the moment, I am waiting for the phone to charge to 100%, and then I will attempt to wipe battery stats and see if that helps.

Any thoughts?

Tbh I have no idea what is causing your issue. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones