• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AeolianReflex

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
Southern California
Is anyone else here annoyed by the choice of cartoonish colors that Samsung used to skin the S6? I've been through the theme section and other than the BMW theme, I'm not too impressed. I hope someone comes up with some themes that leaves the icons and folders alone and uses some subdued colors to make the phones interface look as elegant as the overall build of the S6. A Sense inspired theme would be awesome.

Is anyone else here annoyed by the choice of cartoonish colors that Samsung used to skin the S6? I've been through the theme section and other than the BMW theme, I'm not too impressed. I hope someone comes up with some themes that leaves the icons and folders alone and uses some subdued colors to make the phones interface look as elegant as the overall build of the S6. A Sense inspired theme would be awesome.

Maybe I'm the only one but I like a lot of the themes. On my Galaxy S5 I used the app Line Deco to download themes, they have some pretty good options.

Upvote 0
I like the way the themes change the look of the dialer, shade, and settings screen. Some of them go a little too far with the icons - for instance, the coffee theme is nice and dark, but the icons are so radically changed they confuse me. I'm using Urban with custom wallpapers right now, but there are a few more I like better except for one fatal flaw - there isn't enough contrast between on and off icons in the quick toggles. When on is powder blue and off is light blue, I have to concentrate to determine if wifi is on or off.

Upvote 0
Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones