• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

There's a Prime Day Deal on Amazon going on right now for what can be a $400 New S8, good buy?

Jun 16, 2017
Here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RRB7YS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Im having a really hard decision NOT buying this right now, Ive been looking forward to the Note 8 ever since i skipped the Note 7 because of its "issues". But right now, its really hard to stray away from this deal.

It comes with a Gear VR (which i dont need, will sell on ebay, i have a Vive [btw ****ing amazing buy one])
and it comes with a wireless high speed charger i think? which i dont care much for since the regular charger works just fine.

Id sell both for a hundred bucks each and the phone would come out to about 430 dollars.

Trying really hard to decided if i should get it or not.

Buy or worth it to wait for the Note 8 later this year?

If you're able to end up paying around $430 for the S8 that's a great deal, but when the Note 8 comes out will you regret having bought the S8?

Or you could also sell the S8 for $550 - $600 and put the extra $100+ towards a Note 8.

Id sell both for a hundred bucks each
They are $102 and $60 new right now, even the non sale prices of the two is under $200, not sure how you could sell them for $100 each.

Reactions: steve
Upvote 0
If you're able to end up paying around $430 for the S8 that's a great deal, but when the Note 8 comes out will you regret having bought the S8?

Or you could also sell the S8 for $550 - $600 and put the extra $100+ towards a Note 8.

They are $102 and $60 new right now, even the non sale prices of the two is under $200, not sure how you could sell them for $100 each.

damn didnt check the price for the gear or charger just kinda assumed they were like 100 bucks each. I might end up buying it and if i like it keep it or sell it and just use that money for the Note 8 think thats probably my best best right now since i dont wanna spend a grand on the note 8

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones