• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

things are always better in hindsight!

gallandof

Android Expert
Jul 8, 2010
south of boston
plus.google.com
I'm sure everyone has had a moment where you realize after the fact, that you should have done something differently. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?

personally I would go back to my senior year of high school and the State invitational for track, instead of leaving to go to prom I would have stayed and competed. ultimately if I had done this to begin with I would be in my senior year of college at Boston College(assuming i didn't screw something else up), still competing in track and more than likely be close to olympic qualifying for the 110m hurdles. (qualifying is a 13.5 I believe and my best was a 14.7).

I would have went back to when I was 12, and not gone on the 50 mile bike ride. If I did that I still might be able to run, and do pushups properly. Actually I wish I could take back all of the stupid things I did as a kid. By the time I was 18 I had already broken over 50 different bones. I'm 24 and feel like an old man, this arthritis is killing me.

Upvote 0
After thinking about it I don't think I would change anything (and I have done plenty of things most people would regret) but it is those experiences that most people may regret that make us who we are I would be afraid that if I went back and changed something, no matter how trivial it may seem, it could completely change who I am in an unknown way or cause me to do something else later on that may have worse effects on my life than what I went back and changed.

Upvote 0
Wow, this is tough. I wish I would have told my caseworker when I was a kid what things were really like, so I could have been put in a different foster home. That would have fixed 99% of my childhood and adolescent problems.

I guess that things work themselves out in the end though. I appreciate my current life, and I have much to be grateful for.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't have gotten married the first time.
I would have gotten rid of the current wife years ago instead of dragging this out longer.
I wouldn't have done everything my mom told me I should do and done what I wanted to do instead.

I'm almost 38, and I have lots more regrets that I wish I could go back and undo. But you know what? I can't undo them. All I can do now is get out there and try to enjoy my new-found freedom and live more for myself than for everyone else.

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones