• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Thinking of buying a Galaxy Nexus, have a question about battery life.

hamlin69

May 26, 2011
Canada
Hello I currently have an Iphone 4 and I am considering getting the Galaxy Nexus. I had a captivate and loved the OS but the battery life could not get me through a days work. After texting throughout the day my phone would die within 6-7 hours. With my Iphone 4 I can text all day, search the internet etc. and at the end of the work day I will have 50-60% battery. I always use wifi at work and at home. How long would the Galaxy Nexus last with roughly 50 texts throughout the day, email sync on and random internet surfing?

I went from the iPhone 4 to the GNex and yes, the iPhone Battery live is way better. But that's where it ends. I just purchased one of those extended batteries and covers off of eBay for 8 bucks delivered. It was advertized to have 3 times the juice of my stock battery, but I would say I get about 50% more from it. I think if you purchased a name brand extended battery, it would be much better. I will put the stock back in to my phone as I like it slimmer and don't really need long battery life, but when I am in certain situations, I will pop the extended back in or just carry it as a spare.

Reactions: Chaco
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones