• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking of switching from Sprint to Verizon, but I need a better rate plan.

kkelly

Lurker
Apr 2, 2010
I want to switch from Sprint to Verizon, but the difference in the rates is substaintial. I currently have a four line family data plan, 1500 min. unlimited text, data. The closest equivalent plan with Verizon will cost at least $100.00 a month more.

I was courious if anyone has had any luck bargaining with Verizon to come closer to what I'm paying at Sprint.
I have read in other threads that their L&R Department will work with current customers. but I havent read anywhere,anything about new customers. Thank you.

I am currently on a four line family plan. Unlimited text, talk, and data for $169.99 nights and weekends start 7:00. With 1500 anytime min.
The closest comparable plan with Verizon is the $139.99 talk & unlimited text. nights & weekends start at 9:00 with 1400 anytime min. The real kicker is the data. with 4 lines at $29.99 each your looking a $100.00 a month more, with 100 less anytime min., and nights starting 2 hrs later.

Upvote 0
You do realize l&r is loyalty and retention, they focus on keeping existing customers not getting new customers. I would suggest calling Verizon or going to the store with a copy of your current plan to see if they can provide something similar. You would also be getting friends and family where you choose some numbers that do not count against your minute allotment

Upvote 0
Yes I know that the"loyalty & retention" dept. is there to retain current customers. My thinking was if they would deal to keep customers, then why not deal to gain new customers as well. At this time I think I'll just stay with Sprint, at least until the new phones come out. After reading the reviews on the thunderbolt and the dinc2, I'll wait for the bionic/tara, or even wait to see what the evo 3d is like.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones