• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root This is cool.... MIUI ICS v4

colchiro

Extreme Android User
Jun 4, 2010
htc_evo_MIUI.gif

MIUI ICS V4 ( True ICS ) - RootzWiki

I'm guessing it'll be released without a working camera... :D

I suspect that's why I haven't see a new Galnet MIUI build lately.

Reactions: llamakc
No and I suspect it'll be some time too. There's just not enough devs for the ol' X any more.

For as much as I complained about needing a camera, I installed this last week. Battery life could be better. (Good thing I have the extended battery and don't use my phone much.) I used to have 80ish % by bedtime and lately it's been in the 60's. Still a smooth running rom is worth something as well. :D

Upvote 0
BeansTown106 has camera working with external apps. Expect the stock camera app to work soon since CM9 has it working now and he just has to merge a few settings. :D

MIUI ICS V4 ( 03/19/2012 ) Working Phone/Data/MMS/Partial Camera - RootzWiki

Discussion starts here: MIUI ICS V4 ( 03/19/2012 ) Working Phone/Data/MMS/Partial Camera - RootzWiki - Page 28

If you have trouble downloading from the OP, you can find his downloads here: Goo-inside.me Downloads - Browsing BeansTown106

You can also install via the GooManager app.

2 hours ago:
BeansTown106 said:
droid x and droid 2 just got working stock cameras on miui v4 gotta finish polishing the builds up

I just installed beta 6 yesterday, the above link is for beta7 and it hasn't even finished downloading and now there's new links coming soon. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones