• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This place hasn't been the same since...?

I thought this might be fun. It grew out of an actual thought I had involving a now-former member; more on that later. This is geared to long-time members.

The idea is to say, "This place hasn't been the same since," and then saying who or what it was.

For example, and this is where the idea came from:

"This place hasn't been the same since Stinky Stinky left."

And then you can expand on it if you're so inclined; like mine:

"Because he was so amusing, and his long, sometimes rambling posts left me either laughing or scratching my head."

Get the idea?

We do need some rules, though! Please do not use this to complain about the site's moderation or old mods, or insinuate politics or other controversial topics into the discussion; there are boards for that.

Okay, I started, now have at it! :D

Reactions: rootabaga
Sorry Moody, but this thread by definition can be nothing other than negative.
I hope you're wrong. But if you're not, I'll have the thread closed.

As noted, the impetus for this was my thinking about Stinky Stinky and what a hoot he was. Totally lighthearted intentions. I guess we'll see...

Upvote 0
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,@EarlyMon. his knowledge and professionalism is something i have always tried to emulate.
Yes! When I came back from my long [illness] break, I was stunned that he was gone. He AND @argedion were gone. Like, really?! :eek:

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I am not posting in any official capacity, but I don't think it's wrong to remember wonderful friends, but what do I know?

Early: I still keep in touch with him.
Kelmar: I still keep in touch with him, too.
Two Spirits: Miss him.
So many more.

Steven58: I hear he's back and causing trouble!

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, Steven. :)

It's good to hear you're still in touch with some of the old gang. And, who knows? Some of our favorites may come back. We did. :D
Steven58: I hear he's back and causing trouble!
You're so right about that! Damn, what a troublemaker, a mischievous little...oh...wait...hi Steven! :eek:

Upvote 0
Sorry Moody, but this thread by definition can be nothing other than negative.

Let's spread some positivity in the world, God knows it can be dismal at times.
I don't know @ LV426 sometimes a little negativity can be a good thing, I think if everything is peaches and cream we get complacent.
I went back and looked at some old Nexus ,6 threads and noticed alot of folks who were active in those threads have since moved on.
Of course there are plenty of others from those discussion who are still here;)

Upvote 0
I remember when it was a joyful chore to meet and greet all the new members nightly when I got home from work. Twenty five to thirty five new members nightly needing assistance. Most needed help with their new Android phone and many were new to interacting on a forum format. It was a privilege to direct them to the correct area for support or to assist them in the intro section. Katie bar the door the week following Christmas. We were always slammed with questions that time of year. It was a hectic and sometimes frustrating time but we all enjoyed it... admit it. :) It would not have ever worked if not for all of you and your assistance. It seems like a great time to say Thank You. You have made these forums.

Upvote 0
We were always slammed with questions that time of year. It was a hectic and sometimes frustrating time but we all enjoyed it... admit it. :)
You're damn right we did! :D

It was a privilege and honor to be a member of staff back then. Geesh! The daily onslaught, as you said, of new members and all their questions was both energizing and exhausting. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

We're lucky that even though some beloved members have moved on, we still have a great core and we're still here for, and welcoming to, new members and their questions. AF is among the best sites for civil, respectful discourse. Coming back here after what I went through felt like coming home. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones