• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help this screen share is really pissing me off...

Austin2048

Sep 3, 2010
everytime i try to view the full sized image on google images it ALWAYS opens the stupid screen share thing. i tried resetting the defaults for the internet app and the screen share app. even though i say for it to open the link with INTERNET and not SCREEN SHARE, it opens it in screen share. i dont know how to get it to not do this. does anyone know how to stop it from doing this? its really annoying

everytime i try to view the full sized image on google images it ALWAYS opens the stupid screen share thing. i tried resetting the defaults for the internet app and the screen share app. even though i say for it to open the link with INTERNET and not SCREEN SHARE, it opens it in screen share. i dont know how to get it to not do this. does anyone know how to stop it from doing this? its really annoying

Just a quick fact finding/probing question. Are you using the stock browser or something else i.e. Opera, Firefox, Dolphin etc.?

Upvote 0
i am using the stock internet browser. and i have tried using both mobile and desktop google images. it still brings me to screen share when i try to view the full sized image. it never did this before. i dont know why it started. but it doesnt do it in opera mini

See, that's where I was going with it. My suggestion now is just as you cleared out the defaults for ScreenShare, I would clear out the defaults for the browser too, along with the cache and ever other thing that is browser/trash related. While it makes sense the problem is with ScreenShare, and it very well might be, it really wouldn't hurt to pick all the low hanging fruit so to speak. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones