• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thunderbolt to Commando

Just got my Thunderbolt yesterday and have had to charge it 4 times already. This is with wifi, 4g, gps and bluetooth off, im thinking of switching to the Commando, but havent heard anything about it until I went to the Verizon website looking for the new samsung. Anyone think this is a good idea, just based on the possibility of the battery lasting longer? Also wish the Casio had a better camera, but I think 5mp is good enough, no. This is the only camera i use and 8mp would be nice, but a longer lasting battery would be nicer, esp since im a carpenter and cant leave my phone sitting somewhere charging all day.
Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

I'm on the fence with this one or the thunderbolt. a co worker has had the tbolt for about a month now and he says once he turned off the 4g battery life was acceptable. we don't have 4g in our area anyway and who knows when it is going to get here...by the time it does I'm sure there will be much nicer devices out. the casio took me by surprise as I heard nothing about it also until I started looking on verizon's website for the samsung charge.

IMO the megapixel's is not what really counts with a camera, but more the lens. I can show you pictures taken with a 3mp bb curve that beat my 5mp droid by far! Also important for me is the ability to take photo's at night, my buddies droid inc blows away my OG driod in this dept.

I also like a phone that has google integrated, once i take a picture I want the option to upload it directly to picasa or email via gmail...and so on...

also going to wait and see if they come out with a car dock for this baby since that is a must for me....

Upvote 0
i was excited when i went online to look at the thunderbolt and saw the commando.i have owned g'z-one phones before and they have never let me down.. practical to the last drop...the prossesor is enough for most people. and i have fath in devlopers to make quality tweeks in the future (like the differance in my lg ally once i installed velocity!) this will be a great phone for any body who hates HAVING to have the asurion plan!

my wife is going to get it as soon as her contract comes to an end, you never know what kids can do to your phone.:eek:

Upvote 0
I had the Thunderbolt but gave up its great camera for the commando. i work in a body shop and "need" something a bit more rugged. The commando does all the same things as the thunderbolt, but has a crappy camera. That and it does not need a sim card which I like NOT having. Battery life is better. Knowing Im not going to ruin a good phone is no time is priceless.

Upvote 0
Just got my Thunderbolt yesterday and have had to charge it 4 times already. This is with wifi, 4g, gps and bluetooth off, im thinking of switching to the Commando, but havent heard anything about it until I went to the Verizon website looking for the new samsung. Anyone think this is a good idea, just based on the possibility of the battery lasting longer? Also wish the Casio had a better camera, but I think 5mp is good enough, no. This is the only camera i use and 8mp would be nice, but a longer lasting battery would be nicer, esp since im a carpenter and cant leave my phone sitting somewhere charging all day.
Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Don't they make an uber big extended battery for the t-bolt? That might be your best solution if you like everything else about the tbolt that is. The commando is going to be a bit slower of course, but for me that's fine as it's biggest plus is the fantastic build quality which is the main reason I got it. Mine is very stable, rarely reboots spontaneously and is an all around great device. Stellar GPS on it as well. Battery life is only fair tho , not great. I looked at a tbolt and went with the commando. Fits my pocket better anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones