• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thunderbolt vs Droid X

I would normally say TB, but with the X2 out now, it might come down to a couple factors. One being the availability of LTE in your area (or if it's coming soon enough to matter), the "get on the 4G unlimited plan now" factor, and how comfortable you like either phone in a side-by-side comparison of live phones in-store. I haven't seen the X2 yet, so I couldn't tell you how smooth it runs in real life. That, and I hear the original DX just hit 2.3 (GB) updates, though I'm sure that's really only a factor if you haven't already rooted. Bottom line for my suggestion, hit a store, play with the TB and the X2, see how you like each, then ask yourself the 4G question, and see if it sways you.

I love the TB, and was never a fan of the Moto experience, but it's a personal preference.

Upvote 0
I am also supposed to be getting the thunderbolt today but just found out that Motorola may be releasing the Motorola Droid Bionic within a couple of months. What do you guys think? I am now tilting towards waiting for the Motorola, I hear it's a 4G LTE phone as well plus it's got dual processor. They said it will make the best phone on the market when it releases.

Upvote 0
I am also supposed to be getting the thunderbolt today but just found out that Motorola may be releasing the Motorola Droid Bionic within a couple of months. What do you guys think? I am now tilting towards waiting for the Motorola, I hear it's a 4G LTE phone as well plus it's got dual processor. They said it will make the best phone on the market when it releases.

At this point, I'd say wait and see on the Bionic. The TB has it's quirks, but it's a good phone from my experience. However, dual core AND LTE is hard to not covet. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones