• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ###ThunderProp### Build.prop for market access! Updated 2/5/2012

I Just bought the triumph last month and I'm kinda new to phone overclocking and etc.I'm more of a computer guy but reading all this stuff about phone hacking made me interested since todays phones are basically like smaller pcs.Thanks for the instructions,you and many others have definately made this phone alot more cool to own.:)

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the Thunderprop.zip for stock rom and opened and installed using cwr and when I boot my phone on,I still dont have full access to the android market.

My phone is still not recognized as the htc thunderbolt and I still cant play gameloft games like star front collision since Im a huge star craft fan.Not sure what the problem is but hopefully I can figure it out...:thinking:

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the Thunderprop.zip for stock rom and opened and installed using cwr and when I boot my phone on,I still dont have full access to the android market.

My phone is still not recognized as the htc thunderbolt and I still cant play gameloft games like star front collision since Im a huge star craft fan.Not sure what the problem is but hopefully I can figure it out...:thinking:

Is start front even in the Android market?

Download the app in my first post and see what gameloft thinks your phone is. let me know what ya find out.

Upvote 0
Why is it that I still can't play, Order & Chaos? It's like I downloaded the files but it won't even get to the menu and just crash and reboot. Any help?

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

assuming you purchased it you should have no problems however it may be because of your ROM. Which are you running?

Upvote 0
assuming you purchased it you should have no problems however it may be because of your ROM. Which are you running?

I'm running MIUI but I got it to run but like two minutes into gameplay it goes to a freeze and then it heads to a shut down reboot. I was going to switch and try CM9 because I never was really a fan of CM7. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
All that time I was thinking the custom rom didnt install on my phone but I went to gamelofts website on my phone and what do you know,it says:you are being automatically redirected to our dedicated games page for your sprint HTC Thunderbolt 4G!

The only problem is it does'nt load through.Thanks for the necessary files needed JollyRoger.Maybe now I can download star front from their site and enjoy the star craft clone.Hopefully gameloft realizes that not adding support for our phones mean less money in their pockets.

Upvote 0
JollyRogers is there any way to get an alternative flashable prop file set up for our device, because I have apps that run on my phone that can't be installed from the market on stock or thunder prop. When the hell is Google going to get rid of this compatibility feature? Pisses me off that it probably hasn't even crossed their minds, almost all apps on the market work with our device, yet we can't install them from the market.

Upvote 0
This was working for me just fine before, then I installed the new version of Google play and it no longer works. I also installed an update of cm7 but I am pretty sure it worked after that. Now when I check the market it still says I have a triumph, but if i go to my actual build.prop file in system it shows its the thunderprop one. Yeah, I force stopped and cleared data. And the APk doesn't work for me because I wanna download dead space

Upvote 0
So seems like it may be the cm7 reloaded rom that's preventing this from working. If so, any ideas on a fix?

so you previously had it working? if so, on what rom? do you need the thunderprop? really sad because i bought this game and got my hopes only for it not to work :(
we should start a sticky of all the compatible games running different roms and what not.

Upvote 0
so you previously had it working? if so, on what rom? do you need the thunderprop? really sad because i bought this game and got my hopes only for it not to work :(
we should start a sticky of all the compatible games running different roms and what not.

I had it working on stock and the plain tickerguy cm7 releases using thunderprop. But I guess its the reloaded cm7 that's blocking thunderprop. I wanted to buy dead space and noticed I couldn't. But since I already owned all the gameloft games I guess I never noticed it was broken til now.

Upvote 0
I had it working on stock and the plain tickerguy cm7 releases using thunderprop. But I guess its the reloaded cm7 that's blocking thunderprop. I wanted to buy dead space and noticed I couldn't. But since I already owned all the gameloft games I guess I never noticed it was broken til now.

hmm i may try tg's any big differences between it and reloaded?

Upvote 0
touchscreen sucks worse... Not updated graphics driver... Wifi and Bluetooth peg the cpu at max. Nothing too major, but it will be worse than reloaded since it hasn't been worked on in months...

decisions, decisions

edit: couldnt get it to work with tg's cm7 but i did get it to work with miui. now if only i could restore everything i had to miui :(

Upvote 0

so if you already own the games they will work regardless of whether you have thunderprop or not, is that right>?

Upvote 0
so if you already own the games they will work regardless of whether you have thunderprop or not, is that right>?

tough call, but you should just use thunderprop. because when its first downloading the data it checks for your phone, with thunderprop it sees it as a thunderbolt and allows you to download the data. i assume without thunderprop itll work afterwards, but i believe they do updates in the same way, so i just dont know.

Reactions: hdjx20
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones