• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ThunderShed CM7.2.0 RC1.3

Wipe data, Cache, Dalvik, Format system, Before flashing?

If so, make sure you're clockwork recovery is up to date, 5+ or will not load. Seems the case with most of the new ROMs.

If you did all that, I'd re-download and try again. Maybe a bad download?

The MR4 radios work fine, as well as the Open Mobile leaked radios.

I can't download anything from the market. Can't be downloaded due to an error. I didn't add the new radios because I haven't messed with that on any phone. I understand it's the only way to surely brick the phone if you screw up

Edit: after a few reboots it's working.

I have a nexus and had every ROM installed on my Droid at one time or another but this is on my girlfriend phone. I've got to say this is the coolest ROM I've seen. It has it all. Well done!

Is there any way to add a shortcut or widget for hotspot?

Upvote 0
just saw 1.4 was released last week.
[CUST][3/09/2012] ThunderShed v1.4 | CM7.2 [android 2.3.7][ICS-ish] - RootzWiki

v1.4
  • updated to cm mainline and freshly compiled (well partly, I still need to get custom carrier label in there, issues with it and the LTE code)
  • added all the ringlock styles: revamped, holo & blade (a few graphical issues with them, nothing major)
  • added disable scrolling-cache toggle in tshed/performance
  • added notification power widget mobiledata auto 2g/3g option
  • added 'build date' to about phone
  • made the ICS theme default after initial flash
  • disabled lockscreen rotation (if you NEED rotating lockscreen please stay with version-1.3 for now)
  • improved scrolling cache (ported from ICS)
  • fix display freezing when changing device orientation while screen is off
  • fix screen hang after dismissing a landscape alarm
  • fix don't animate rotations when screen is off
  • fix various languages

Upvote 0
I've been running 1.4 for a few days now and I like the improvements. Could be placebo effect, but the scrolling cache seems to have smoothed things out a little further, and I didn't have any complaints with that on 1.3.

I always do a full wipe cause I'm anal like that.. (insert joke) but a dirty flash hasn't created any issues from what I've read.

Upvote 0
flashed 1.4 tonight and noticed when a friend texted me, it only displayed the number. go into my contacts and NOBODY is there...though in GO SMS, names are displayed. back out, check contacts again...nothing. back to GO, names. get a popup text, number only.

wiped cache and dalvik when i flashed (as i've always done with updates). am i missing something? some unknown setting?

edit: just went to market and it told me i had to associate a google account. went to accounts & sync and it didnt give me an option to add a gmail. only corporate and facebook.

Edit 2: had to reflash gapps. All better now!

Upvote 0
I am loving Thundershed v1.4_CM7.2-Tbolt!!!
this is by far the best rom I have used so far. Have tried CM7, Bamf (several), viscous, miui amongst others. When I flashed TS I had problems the first run through but then re-flashed and bingo! No errors, fc's or problems that I have found whatsoever. It is stable as hell, smooth, maybe even flawless. This is the best tbolt build i have seen so far. It will take something extra spectacular to make me flash anything else on my TB. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Very, very happy user!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones