• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TIME SENSITIVE Question: Info needed on installing apps on new Droid

Old Droid not working (can't sent text messages, one gmail account won't sync and certain apps not working properly). Went to Verizon store explained problems, was told getting new phone.

Got new phone..., How do I move all apps from old phone to new phone without having to again download everything from market (can I use my computer)?

FYI:
- OS on home screen is LaunchPro.
- Downloaded ASTRO app and backed up all apps to SD card (was told in store can't be done).
- USB connected phone to computer, created folder on computer (Droid backup).
- Copied all files from old phone into Droid backup folder on computer.
- Compared files (backup folder files on computer to files on Droid) all there but 2 files.

So..., Is it possible to move individually selected apps from computer backup folder unto new Droid phone?

Time sensitive answer..., have until Monday for returning old phone to Verizon or get charged $500.00 for old phone.

Any information would be most helpful.

Respectfully,
jaszdrummer@gamil.com

As The_Chief said, all apps should automatically restore. However, I would understand if you don't want to chance it.

Check out the application App Brain, it's free. You can sync your apps to a profile on their website (appbrain.com) so if anything is missing after you switch, App Brain will fill in the blanks for you.

EDIT: Also agree with The_Chief about using MyBackup to backup your data.

Reactions: jaszdrummer
Upvote 0
I currently have the App Brain on my Droid, but did not realize it could do what you stated. I've scheduled a backup for tomorrow morning, if I understand how the app works. Once finished, I'll remove my sd card, wipe my phone and hope for the best on my new one.

I guess by adding a 'new' list online of all new apps I can easily find those which don't make the switch and go from there. Also, I presume that all old apps still listed on the App Brain online marked for deletion will be deleted from the phone by tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones