• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tim's Evo V 4G Tweaks - 3,800+ In Quadrant!!!

Ok ill see what happens when I put mine back to stock clocks

Edit: Ok I ran it with stock clocks and got about 42.3 FPS. When I get home in about 7 hours I'm gonna flash your rom and try overclocking. I think it has to do with the absence of the sense launcher, cause its such a resource hog.

Maybe..... but i did add Ram tweaks to my Rom closing all open apps i can get over 500mb free memory

Upvote 0
Anyone else seen issues with the camera after these tweaks.

What kind of issues?

I haven't tried these but I did look through the media profiles xml included compared to the Stock One and it seems that the HQ Camera Tweak actually lowers Camera and Camcorder Quality I have not checked out the Camera Apk but it might just be the Same as Stock

I did include a different Camera apk in Mobster Rom with a media profiles xml that increases quality instead of lowering it

I recommend reading / researching anything Mod or Tweak before you flash to your device since some mods are basically ports from other phones / Android versions

Upvote 0
Can someone give me some insight into using BusyBox? I've never used it. I just want to do the two aforementioned tweaks.

I'm running the stock rooted SU Patch ROM currently. I shouldn't encounter any issues when flashing the camera tweaks, right? Everything in the post up to the BusyBox and camera tweaks is already done, and my phone feels a bit snappier.

Thanks!

Update: I bit the bullet and just flashed the last few tweaks, everything works perfectly. Not sure how the camera app is any different. My benchmark scores are much higher and the phone is definitely snappier.

Upvote 0
-Flashable zip for Build.Prop tweaks and Adreno Tweaks
-Flashable zip for all tweaks (Without AnthraX Kernel)

Watching thread. Hopefully everything works with Harmonia.

The three ZIPped tweaks only took me from 2400 to 2436. In your estimation, what are the five best tweaks on this list? Biggest bang for the buck so to speak. Obviously, overclocking by 20% is the big one ;)

EDIT: Man, Quadrant scores really bounce around. I just got 2703 after scoring 2172. LOL. Time to try another benchmark.

Upvote 0
47eac749-011a-9702.jpg
47eac749-0130-853c.jpg

My scores in quadrant using charge profile in SETCPU. I am running Harmonia 3.07. Sadly my 3D still crashes camera app even after flashing fix. I may attempt factory reset. Videos shot with camera will not playback with gallery either, but they do with vplayer.

Upvote 0
Adreno Config
First, using your File Manager, navigate to /System/etc and open up adreno_config.txt in the text editor.

Scroll down untill you find the section called "Binning".
Under the first section of Binning change the line "binning=sw" to "binning=hw" (Without the quotes)

Scroll down near the bottom untill you see "2D Settings"
Under the first section change "2D.HwBlt=0" to "2D.HwBlt=1" (Without the quotes)

Scroll down until you find a section called "Features and Performance"
Scroll down until you find the text "Enable tiled textures"
Change "textureTiling=0" to "textureTiling=1" (Without the quotes)

Save the text file and reboot
As far as I can tell, on mine these were the default values and commented out with a semicolon (which is ok because they are the default). However, changing these without removing the semicolon would do nothing.

I did not do the dual core mod (at least yet) nor did I do any of the flashable, but I did unpack them to look at them.

Flashable Tweaks
These are tweaks that are flashable through a custom recovery (You do not need 4EXT or S-OFF to flash them)

THESE FLASHABLE TWEAKS ARE NOT MADE BY ME!

EXT 4 Tweaks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qil8y439strtq7j/Android_Revolution_HD_EXT4_Tweaks_v.0.1.zip
Increases IO performance
This appears to need init.d support which I don't think the stock kernel has. The installer might set it up, but I couldn't figure out how.

This seems to be just a new media_profile xml file. Haven't done a diff to see what the improvement there is. The other APK--will it do 3D (later posts indicate maybe it didn't but it does now). What's the benefit of this APK?

Thanks for posting these. I didn't take the new kernel, the flashables (yet), and the dual CPU but so far working fine. Didn't benchmark before and after but seems snappy enough.

Upvote 0
Watching thread. Hopefully everything works with Harmonia.

The three ZIPped tweaks only took me from 2400 to 2436. In your estimation, what are the five best tweaks on this list? Biggest bang for the buck so to speak. Obviously, overclocking by 20% is the big one ;)

EDIT: Man, Quadrant scores really bounce around. I just got 2703 after scoring 2172. LOL. Time to try another benchmark.

Ive been really busy lately and haven't had time to do anything except flash new roms. But hopefully this week ill make the flashable tweaks.

The five best tweaks would be
1. GPU Build Prop Tweaks
2. Performance Build Prop Tweaks
3. Remove logging Build Prop Tweaks
4. Dual Core Mod
5. The EGL Config

These will increase your performance the most.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones