• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tims rom 5a and VPN

OK tried the VPN function and I can connect with or without encryption, but that is where the joy ends.
I am using Dolphin as my browser and its really slow. The page if it loads takes an age, but 99% of the time it just times out. Tried both encrypted and non-encrypted pptp vpn.
Also I know its not the VPN connection, as I then tried it on my pc and its fast.
Has anyone else experienced this problem??

yes and no, the flytouch 3 ARM is rated to 1ghz but it is clocked at roughly 792 to save battery life. That is one of the things we are waiting for is someone to get the source code and the ability to overclock.

Have you connected an oscilloscope to the clock pin of the processor?

No, I thought not. We do not know at what speed it is clocked. And, please, don't quote the 791 figure as MHz BECAUSE IT ISN'T!

That figure is in BogoMIPS which is a relative measurement only and bears little or no relationship to Clock speed. Please take a look at one of my posts on this subject if you fancy learning something about the subject...

Upvote 0
Have you connected an oscilloscope to the clock pin of the processor?

No, I thought not. We do not know at what speed it is clocked. And, please, don't quote the 791 figure as MHz BECAUSE IT ISN'T!

That figure is in BogoMIPS which is a relative measurement only and bears little or no relationship to Clock speed. Please take a look at one of my posts on this subject if you fancy learning something about the subject...

Or as in the e-mail from my supplier that stated from manufacturer specs it is clocked to 800mhz to save battery life. And if you are right and every app including Shawn Q's CPU gauge (who says it registers mhz and not bogomips) that says mhz is wrong, you are getting your panties in a bunch over a difference of 9 between the 791 and 800mhz. You may want to invest in some extra strength laxative and you might eventually relax those same panties you have all bunched up.

Upvote 0
Or as in the e-mail from my supplier that stated from manufacturer specs it is clocked to 800mhz to save battery life. And if you are right and every app including Shawn Q's CPU gauge (who says it registers mhz and not bogomips) that says mhz is wrong, you are getting your panties in a bunch over a difference of 9 between the 791 and 800mhz. You may want to invest in some extra strength laxative and you might eventually relax those same panties you have all bunched up.

Perhaps you should have read the post I linked to and, in turn, the Wikipedia article linked to therein.

Furthermore it might be an idea to learn something about ISO Prefixes and Units. There is a difference between m and M, a factor of 1000,000,000 to be exact! So, you are doubly wrong when you say mhz; the prefix should be M not m as you state and the units should be Hz. hz simply doesn't exist as an ISO unit so your statement is, essentially, meaningless.

As for Shawn Q, I don't know who he is and, personally, couldn't care less, particularly as it appears he, just like you, doesn't know the difference between MHz and BogoMIPS.

Anyway, if as you allege the CPU is clocked at 800MHz why does every application quote a figure of 791? This is the BogoMIPS figure from /proc/cpuinfo NOT the clock speed.

As for the laxative, that's fine as I would prefer any shit leaving my body to do so out via my arse and not my mouth as it so obviously does in your case.

I'm not sure if you are ignorant of the facts of just don't care about getting things right. Either way it is you who is devalued as a result...

Upvote 0
Perhaps you should have read the post I linked to and, in turn, the Wikipedia article linked to therein.

Furthermore it might be an idea to learn something about ISO Prefixes and Units. There is a difference between m and M, a factor of 1000,000,000 to be exact! So, you are doubly wrong when you say mhz; the prefix should be M not m as you state and the units should be Hz. hz simply doesn't exist as an ISO unit so your statement is, essentially, meaningless.

As for Shawn Q, I don't know who he is and, personally, couldn't care less, particularly as it appears he, just like you, doesn't know the difference between MHz and BogoMIPS.

Anyway, if as you allege the CPU is clocked at 800MHz why does every application quote a figure of 791? This is the BogoMIPS figure from /proc/cpuinfo NOT the clock speed.

As for the laxative, that's fine as I would prefer any shit leaving my body to do so out via my arse and not my mouth as it so obviously does in your case.

I'm not sure if you are ignorant of the facts of just don't care about getting things right. Either way it is you who is devalued as a result...
I do understand the difference between M and m just as I understand the difference between Gb and GB. I also understand that it really doesn't matter much in a user support forum because 99.999% of the people reading the posts don't give a shit and wouldn't have any concern over the difference, they would get the meaning anyway. We are not writing technical documents or industry service manual and in the end what we write really isn't that important other than if it helps someone.

Upvote 0
I do understand the difference between M and m just as I understand the difference between Gb and GB. I also understand that it really doesn't matter much in a user support forum because 99.999% of the people reading the posts don't give a shit and wouldn't have any concern over the difference, they would get the meaning anyway. We are not writing technical documents or industry service manual and in the end what we write really isn't that important other than if it helps someone.

So, what you are saying is, you just write any old shit full of all kinds of mistakes and factual errors because most people won't know any better anyway?

And, Heaven forbid, if someone knows better and pulls you up [on what you have cut and pasted from somewhere else] just attack them mercilessly and claim you meant what they said anyway! Vagueness is your friend...

What ever happened to being right and taking pride in what you do?

If, as you claim, you actually know what you are talking about and understand the differences between what you say and what you mean perhaps you could, just for once, try to get things right?

It really would help everybody here especially those people who don't yet know a lot so aren't able to distinguish between your usual bullshit and the rare fact that might accidentally slip from your fingertips.

Just remember, when you know nothing and try to big yourself up by reposting things you have read on another forum it can be very difficult to know if what you are cutting and pasting is factually accurate or complete and utter crap!

There is no substitute for real knowledge so: checking your facts as well as your spelling and grammar and getting things right [like I strive to do] is a great way of showing people you actually know what you are talking about!

Oh, and being able to accept when you have made an error and apologise for it goes a long, long way...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones