• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Backup Pro and Skype

ken_ac

Lurker
Jan 27, 2011
Titanium Backup Pro (TBP) appears to back up Skype Mobile when requested, immediately showing it available for restoration. However, if I then request "Uninstall" for Skype, TBP issues a warning "You have no current backup of the current version of this app. Do you want to un-install it?".

This happens whether or not I first "freeze" Skype. Thanks for any ideas on the problem.

Alternative question: Is it possible to contact Jo

Titanium Backup Pro (TBP) appears to back up Skype Mobile when requested, immediately showing it available for restoration. However, if I then request "Uninstall" for Skype, TBP issues a warning "You have no current backup of the current version of this app. Do you want to un-install it?".

This happens whether or not I first "freeze" Skype. Thanks for any ideas on the problem.

Alternative question: Is it possible to contact Joël Bourquard?

I have had issues with titanuim backup before and emailed him and he did reply and resolve the issue. Is skype installed as a system app? And i get the same warning with all apps and with the exception of system apps ive been able to restore them. ive noticed with system apps it will back it up with no problem but if id uninstall the app it wouldnt let me restore it. However if it was installed i could restore the backup. I figured you just couldnt restore them and since i never NEEDED to i didnt look into it any further.

Reactions: ken_ac
Upvote 0
I have had issues with titanuim backup before and emailed him and he did reply and resolve the issue. Is skype installed as a system app? And i get the same warning with all apps and with the exception of system apps ive been able to restore them. ive noticed with system apps it will back it up with no problem but if id uninstall the app it wouldnt let me restore it. However if it was installed i could restore the backup. I figured you just couldnt restore them and since i never NEEDED to i didnt look into it any further.

I did try a backup / uninstall / restore of a market app I knew was not a system app (having suspected that was the problem). After backing it up, I got no warning on "uninstall", and also was able to restore it successfully.

I want to be certain I can restore an app such as Skype before I remove it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones