• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium backup problem. [SOLVED 4 REAL THIS TIME]

I'm running bobz's CM7.2 (RC1) custom ROM and after restoring a few ti. backup backups, the following problem appears when I try to restore more: I press restore in ti.backup, then press install, and when it's done loading, it says: "app not installed" and ti.backup get's stuck waiting for the app install to finish.

Which app will it not install?

Upvote 0
No, I don't have any copies of avast on my device.

I noticed that the errors possibly started occurring when the android market updated to the play store (because the gapps I got came with the old market)
The error occurs with other apps too. I'm gonna try backing up my apps and doing the reflash but not installing any apps until the market updates to the play store.

Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
No. Just a little worried. What would be the consequences of flashing a ROM without wiping the cache, by the way?

lots of bugs coud happen. cache is a temporary holding place of data. you need to wipe both dalvik cache and cache among others in order for you to flash a rom. a rom needs a very clean environment to install into. the cleaner the better.

not familiar with marketfix as to what or how it moved cache. but you should be fine by a normal wipe in recovery and flashing a rom. just make sure that you do a nandroid backup first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones