• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Titanium BU Setup Issue

Need some help here. I'm getting the "your settings will prevent you ffrom being able to restore" message in Ti Backup. I've set the "mock locations" option. I've attempted the sideloading enable commands on the Ti Back website and the ones on the xda site ([How To] Enable Non-Market apps on Captivate (consolidated) - xda-developers) which was linked from this forum.

I am rooted. I am using adb shell from sdk tools. I usually get "not found" when trying all the commands. From what I can tell, the commands are using sqlite3, which I can't really find (mainly just don't know how). I think I also have two versions of busybox installed, one from installing the root.zip and one from the market.

I am not very savvy with the unix commands so i'm sure most (or all) of this is just me.

My main goal here is to at least get to the point where i can reinstall my Ti backups if I really goof stuff up. I really want to upgrade to 2.2, but trying to work through step by step.

Thanks in advance. Ya'll are great in helping everyone out.

p.s.- my Captivate is a pre-launch HW prototype but the software and kernel appears to be the same as everyone else.

Other than being rooted, all you really need to do to use TiBu is to go into Settings -> Applications -> Development and check "USB debugging."

When you start TiBu make sure to click on the Problems button. It downloads a version of BusyBox that plays nicely with the program. After that's done, click on Backup/Restore, then the soft Menu button, then Batch. Once you're in the batch menu select the backup you'd like from the RUN selections.

I do recommend storing backups on an external SD card in the event an exchange of the device is required. See "Storing backups on the external SD card" here: Backup - CapFAQ

Reactions: oldTech
Upvote 0
I've never cared "why" since placing the phone in debug mode about once a week is no biggie. Totally contrary to my analytical nature, but it's a jaunt to the wild side. What I have looked for is a widget to enter debug mode with one click - no luck.

Here's the developer's email address. He responds pretty quickly (I contacted him a few weeks ago to determine how to get my backups domiciled on the external SD card):

joel.bourquard@gmail.com

Upvote 0
Need some help here. I'm getting the "your settings will prevent you ffrom being able to restore" message in Ti Backup. I've set the "mock locations" option. I've attempted the sideloading enable commands on the Ti Back website and the ones on the xda site ([How To] Enable Non-Market apps on Captivate (consolidated) - xda-developers) which was linked from this forum.

I am rooted. I am using adb shell from sdk tools. I usually get "not found" when trying all the commands. From what I can tell, the commands are using sqlite3, which I can't really find (mainly just don't know how). I think I also have two versions of busybox installed, one from installing the root.zip and one from the market.

I am not very savvy with the unix commands so i'm sure most (or all) of this is just me.

My main goal here is to at least get to the point where i can reinstall my Ti backups if I really goof stuff up. I really want to upgrade to 2.2, but trying to work through step by step.

Thanks in advance. Ya'll are great in helping everyone out.

p.s.- my Captivate is a pre-launch HW prototype but the software and kernel appears to be the same as everyone else.

EDIT - just realized that you already have busybox. Did you click PROBLEMS to allow TiBa to download its own version of busybosy? I assume you're using the hard root option and SU permissons are set to always allow?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones