• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Not Backing Up Market Links??

scudder

Android Expert
May 21, 2010
State of Confusion (FL too)
Hello...

I have Titanium and I routinely backup any new apps/new version that I download. I recently noticed that since about February 2 that, when Titanium backs up my apps, it is NOT saving the Market links...??? I have the little smiley face icon :) indicating that "Application + Data" is backed up, however, Titanium is NOT showing ANY "M"-looking icon to indicate that "Application + Data + MARKET LINK" has been backed up.

The 2/2 date coincides with a problem I was having where my phone was not recognizing and/or loading apps installed on my sd card. On about 2/7, on the advice of a friend, I uninstalled my sd card apps, wiped my .android_secure directory and reinstalled my apps. The thought was that that directory was corrupt. Wiping that directory fixed my problem with sd card apps not recognized or loading but then I noticed this new problem with Titanium market links. This is not only with apps I previously had and reinstalled but with ANY new apps as well. Just can't seem to get Titanium to backup the market links...??

I looked in Titanium prefs to see if there was a setting that was off or if I could "force-link" the market link. I tried the "Market Doctor" option and that did NOT work. I then tried a long-press on the backed up app name and saw an option to "Attach to Market (forced)," however, that disney do anything either.

Any clue what's going on?? Why Titanium hasn't been backing up the Market Links since around 2/2?? Some setting out something else??

THANKS!!

I had the same issue, uninstalling and reinstalling titanium fixed it for a short time, but then it came back.

are you using the pro version? updated to most current?

I have had to use various market link apps on occasion to fix the links. there are a few in the market. I recall searching "market fix" but not which ones I used specifically

Upvote 0
I had the same issue, uninstalling and reinstalling titanium fixed it for a short time, but then it came back.

are you using the pro version? updated to most current?

I have had to use various market link apps on occasion to fix the links. there are a few in the market. I recall searching "market fix" but not which ones I used specifically

I am updated current and I am Pro as well.

Question..perhaps silly...if I uninstall Titanium and reinstall will I lose my backed up data too? Or if as long sd I have my backup folder the reinstall of Titanium will find what it needs?

Also if I reinstall Titanium as a first way to try to reassociate the Market links, how do I get the backups to get the links? Try Market Doctor again or another method?

If the Titanium reinstall doesn't work I'll look for those market fix apps. But it appears that they problem is only with Titanium because my apps are updating in the Market just fine, however I do notice sometimes an app will notify me for an update in AppBrain but NOT in the Market. Could that be related?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I completely missed your PM about this this morning. Sorry about that! Try uninstalling titanium backup then reinstalling it, first, as Mr. Ed suggested. Your backed up apps are just in the titanium backup directory on the sdcard. When titanium backup is uninstalled, that directory is not touched. You can uninstall it, wipe the system, even put the card in another phone. As soon as titanium backup is installed, it will find that directory if it exists, and see all the backed up apps.

After installing it, see if it sees your market links at that point. If not, try backing up some apps, and see if it picks them up. Start with that. I think the issue with being notified in appbrain but not the market is an issue with appbrain. I've had it happen before at random.

Reactions: scudder
Upvote 0
Interesting note... I looked through my apps just now...only a few show the M market link...and when pressed for the "more information box" the info doesn't list them as being linked...however long pressing them reveals they are in fact linked.

It sounds like in your case they are not linked at all. After trying the above steps you might contact the dev and let him know about the issue you are having.

Reactions: scudder
Upvote 0
Interesting note... I looked through my apps just now...only a few show the M market link...and when pressed for the "more information box" the info doesn't list them as being linked...however long pressing them reveals they are in fact linked.

It sounds like in your case they are not linked at all. After trying the above steps you might contact the dev and let him know about the issue you are having.

Good idea...will contact the dev.

Was wondering, however, what exactly YOU are seeing/looking at that convinced you that your apps "are in fact linked"? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious or something I should check brite before reaching out to the dev.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Sometimes you need to clear data and cache from the market, or click on ' problems' in TB. Then run the backup again. It's worked for me before. If you go to the devs site there are some more trouble shooting tips too

I just did what kwmetalfan suggested and visited the dev's site. Found one of the Troubleshooting suggestions for my exact problem as he stated above. Clearing the data from the Market did it. I ran Market Doctor and there were NO APPS to fix...which is a GOOD thing (means that all apps had market links attached). I long-pressed the apps and saw "View in Market" and "Detach from Market" as well as "Attach to Market (forced)" greyed out (also good!)

The WEIRD thing is that my Titanium icons for my apps were STILL the ":)" indicating backed up app + data but NOT Market link (not the blue "M" for app + data + MARKET LINK). I did a forced-redo of one of those apps as a test and the icon changed!! I wasn't sure if it was just "aesthetics" with the icon or could be a problem down the road so I batch-force-redo'ed all my ":)" apps and I now have my "M's" back.

Thanks to all!!

BTW kwmetalfan, I gave ya a well-deserved first thanks!! :D

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones