• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TMobile] [ROM]Slim Stock (Released 12/4)

May 13, 2012
Hello everyone,

I wanted to get a base ROM up for this device cause It's awesome!
This is the first ROM for this device!
Stock Rooted!

Changelog:
Rooted
Latest gapps installed to the system to give you more space
Deleted a bunch of bloatware
Added Apollo, Facebook, Twitter, PieControl, Root Browser, SuperSU, Torch, WIFI Tether..
Removed start up, shut down sounds and boot animation
Google Search has been removed
A couple of other things, but I do not remember?
Issues:
The only issue I had was trying to use Equalizer in Apollo.
There should not be any issues with this ROM, cause It's stock!
How to install:
Extract the zip and do not rename anything
Put it at the root of your SD Card
Reboot into CWM
Factory Reset
backup and restore
restore from external sdcard
2013-12-04.14.32.40/
Let it restore
Factory Reset one more time
Then reboot and Enjoy!

Has anybody had any luck installing this? I've tried putting it both on internal storage and the SD card but the recovery I'm using can never see the files.

However, if I go to "install zip from sdcard" I can see the contents of the card. I think, maybe, the backup and restore function is looking in /sdcard when in reality that is the internal storage for this phone and the real SD card is at /external_sd. I tried putting the files on the internal storage, but for some reason /sdcard won't mount in the recovery.

This is probably a noob question, but can I just zip these files and install them that way?

edit: Turns out my recovery expected the files to be in /clockworkmod/backup and this download had them just in /clockworkmod. If anybody else having trouble, give that a try. I am booting into this rom as I type.

Everything seems fine and I appreciate some of the stock apps being ripped out, but the WiFi tether you included crashes whenever I try to turn it on.

edit3: One last update. The app "WiFi Tether- TrevE Mod" crashes like I mentioned previously, but the built in (T-Mobile) Wi-Fi tether is working, though I'm not paying for the service. Is that how you intended it OP?

Has anybody tried doing to OTA update to D50010h? I don't want to do the update and lose tethering for some reason.

Reactions: giovannye
Upvote 0
This ROM is exactly what I needed! Thanks.

I am however having issues getting google calendar to work.

I downloaded google calendar but there is no sync option for calendar under account settings so none of my events come up.

I think the root cause could be that we are missing the "calendar storage" app.

Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe if someone could backup their empty "calendar storage" so I can try to restore it?

Help is greatly appreciated. The calendar functionality is really important to me.

Upvote 0
Is this rom Deodexed?

No it's not deodexed. This is a cwm backup of the stock rom rooted with some apps added in and some removed.

Deodexing is useless to the end user and can make the rom slower. The only advantage to de-odexing is for a developer/themer to be able to easily modify an apk. A zipalingned rom with its odex files can be faster and smoother than a deodexed rom...

What do “Odex” and “Deodex” mean? The All Inclusive Explanation | TalkAndroid.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones