• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To replace or not to replace, THAT is the question

CCapr17

Dec 23, 2011
Hi everyone!
I currently have a note 4 that I LOVE and am due for an upgrade, my battery has officially crapped out after almost 2 years! (Which from what I hear is a good amount of time to get from one battery.) but the phone just constantly reboots and won't turn on fully unless plugged in. I of course would not be even posting this if I could run to a store and upgrade to a Note 7 (RIP Note 7) but we all know that is not the case. So end of the story is, I have loved my note and the only thing I have EVER thought about replacing my note 4 with is a new note. So now that that is not the case, should I suck it up and go for something else, the V20 looks interesting? Or maybe just the s7 Edge? Or should I simply buy a new battery for my 4, bite down, and wait if the note is revived? Or what phones would you recommend to replace my note 4? Thank you for any help! :)

Is there something else there that you'd rather have instead of the Note 4? Otherwise why change phones just because the time has come for your carrier to lock you in for another 2 years (which is what the upgrade means to them)? You could just replace the battery, change to a cheaper SIM-free deal (because you don't want to keep paying for a phone you've already paid off) and wait until something more interesting comes along.

Upvote 0
Is there something else there that you'd rather have instead of the Note 4? Otherwise why change phones just because the time has come for your carrier to lock you in for another 2 years (which is what the upgrade means to them)? You could just replace the battery, change to a cheaper SIM-free deal (because you don't want to keep paying for a phone you've already paid off) and wait until something more interesting comes along.
That is a good point! I really think the pixel is cool but I'm on sprint unfortunately. Then the V20 peaks my interest but I really would miss a galaxy series and note phone (I have loved my samsungs for so long) I will just have to weigh out pros and cons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones