• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories TODAY only; Verizon $49.99 32GB microsdhc

If it's truly a mistake, they'll cancel all the orders. This wouldn't be the first time a ridiculous deal ended up being a website mistake and subsequently no one ended up getting the deal. Bottom line, the company isn't gonna suck it up and take a loss for a typo.

Very wrong. They don't have to continue to honor the deal, but they do have to honor the orders that have already been made. You can't publish a sale, make a sale, and then renege on the sale. What's to stop any company from advertising ridiculous deals and then pulling it after the sale as a mistake. That's even worse than the ol' bait and switch. Typo or not, the lucky few who booked a card before Verizon pulled the plug will be getting a nice present in the mail in a couple days.

Upvote 0
Well it didn't work out for me. Over an hour and half and I was REALLY close but they transferred me to some dude who said they won't honor it. I said I had a screenshot and he said unless the screenshot has the URL in it they won't take it. I fought with him for a good ten mins to no avail. So after close to a dozen reps I'm done. I bought it online for $100. I know that's a lot but Sandisk charges $200 and I want to sell my iPod Touch 32gb that is FULL of music and this will allow me to do so. Congrats to those who got it though!

Upvote 0
I managed it! I got a nice lady, who, from the sound of it, I was one of the first with it to get in touch with her. I started explaining, and she just said "Sorry for interupting, but it was actually a price error, but we've been told to honor the price for up to two cards." After another 10 minutes or so of her putting the order in, and getting it at the right price, the order went through. Guess it just depends on the mood of the rep you get...Good luck to everyone else!
Edit: I called the 800 provided by cconely BTW...
Edit2: thought i'd push my luck, called *611 to see if I could get my discount applied. No luck. Ohh well! Can't complain with the outcome though!

Upvote 0
Very wrong. They don't have to continue to honor the deal, but they do have to honor the orders that have already been made. You can't publish a sale, make a sale, and then renege on the sale. What's to stop any company from advertising ridiculous deals and then pulling it after the sale as a mistake. That's even worse than the ol' bait and switch. Typo or not, the lucky few who booked a card before Verizon pulled the plug will be getting a nice present in the mail in a couple days.
Incorrect. They would be under no legal obligation to honor the sale and would be fully within their rights to cancel completed orders that were charged a mistaken price. While it would seem ethical to honor it, there's nothing that legally compells them an online retailer to honor a price error.

Upvote 0
If it's truly a mistake, they'll cancel all the orders. This wouldn't be the first time a ridiculous deal ended up being a website mistake and subsequently no one ended up getting the deal. Bottom line, the company isn't gonna suck it up and take a loss for a typo.

Not with next day or two day deliveries. Most of the orders were placed earlier in the day and would ship within hours of the orders.

Case in point, my order has shipped already- free two day delivery, two 32gb for $106.

Upvote 0

happens all the time on dell
i catch it on slickdeals
place my order and then get an email saying my order has been canceled due to a pricing error

Upvote 0
Got mine from the 800 number listed above. Lady knew what I was calling about before I told her and she just straight up asked for a screen shot before I could explain. I was at work and FLICKR doesnt work their so I didnt have one. She did it anyways. Really nice lady but she sounded frustrated with all the calls about it. Clearly it should be done through the 800 number cause the idiot in customer service was just being an ass.

She said she'd honor it because it was a mistake but I caught it. Said its a one time thing.

Upvote 0

Not wrong at all. Seen it time and again on slickdeals. If you check the sales terms and conditions, they can do whatever want and they don't have to honor a mistake on their website. They may choose to honor it, but if they decide it's a big revenue hit, they certainly can pull the plug with whatever explanation they choose. What prevents anyone from doing this? Easy. If you pull this stunt more than once in a blue moon, it impacts your business negatively.

Upvote 0
Thanks! Been on the phone about an hour now... 3 people.... basically said that (thanks for the screenshot) when I tried to order card for $49.99 the discount disappeared on checkout. The 3rd customer service tech had me email the screenshot (I said that I had it). When she verified it, she then tried to checkout on her end but couldn't. So, she had me purchase the card for $99.00 and she applied a $50.00 credit to my card!

This forum is great, thanks for the help in getting this for me!

Upvote 0
All three of the people didn't really know what I was talking about. The first customer service chick said that she saw an email earlier about it, but then transferred me to online services (I think), that guy didn't seem so happy and hadn't heard of what I was talking about, he looked online and didn't see the offer I was talking about and said that he could transfer me back to customer service. I told the 3rd lady the same story and she had me email the screen shot. After that, since I told them that the rebate disappeared after I tried to checkout. After she tried doing the checkout herself, she said that she could just credit my card. Either way, I still got it for $50.00!

I'm happy!

Upvote 0
So I called the number that cconely lists. I explained that I had seen this price earlier in the day, but I was in the car driving home from vacation (which is true), and by the time I got home, the price was gone. The CSR looked up a note and explained that the price was an error, and he apologized for the confusion. I asked him, please to honor the price. He put me on hold, saying he was going to check with a supervisor. He came back on the line and said they would honor the price on two cards for me.

Thanks cconely and all for this great heads up!

Upvote 0
So I called the number that cconely lists. I explained that I had seen this price earlier in the day, but I was in the car driving home from vacation (which is true), and by the time I got home, the price was gone. The CSR looked up a note and explained that the price was an error, and he apologized for the confusion. I asked him, please to honor the price. He put me on hold, saying he was going to check with a supervisor. He came back on the line and said they would honor the price on two cards for me.

Thanks cconely and all for this great heads up!
My pleasure!

Chad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones