• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Today was the 1st time i held or seen the g1....my opinion if you are still waiting

blazinyella

Oct 21, 2008
:pWell since I'm not scheduled to get my G1 until or around Nov.10th, I went on my lunch break to T-Mobile. When I first grabbed the phone I was already amazed. What you see in the pictures and video DOESNT DO THE G1 JUSTICE. I expected to see this big bulky, dated looking phone. This phone is FANTABULOUS(fantastic+fabulous)lol!!.. The applications are great, the touch screen is wonderful, youtube videos are awesome etc The people that are complaining about the phone need to get over themselves. Just because it doesnt have a virtual keyboard lol. Unlike the Iphone, who really wants to type on the screen all day. The IPhone is nice but to be totally honest the G1 is major competition for this phone. The trackball is so responsive like no other. Im excited about getting mines. I dont know if going to play with the phone was better or worse for me. It takes some of the anticipation of receiveing my phone, but now i want to play with it more. IM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!:p:p:p

I had the same sentiment. I pre-ordered the phone with plans of just checking out the phone. Turned out it is alot better than what I expected. The prior weeks of getting the phone, I was also checking out the iPhone via co-workers' and at local iStore. I will give the iPhone that it does look very nice, but the G1 is actually nice it it's own right. I liek the dull finish to avoid smudges all over the phone. Except the screen but that is a given. I do plan on getting those invisible screen/phone protectors now. LOL

And yes the phone is actually slim from what everyone was complaining about. In fact a co-worker who has the HTC Tyn, and that phone was waay bulky than the G1. In fact I dropped the phone twice when I was playing around with it the first time, since I wasn't used to the slimness of the G1. I used to have an HTC SDA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones