• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Too Many Redundant Programs

droidx_fan

Jul 16, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
How do I turn off the apps that are redundant that I don't need? I use Handcent but the messages also come up in the other Txting apps. I only need one. Contacts. I have Exchange Server which has my contacts. How do I turn off the other contact apps/widgets? I have 3 dialers and the one I surely don't want is the standard one. But when I hit the button on the bottom left, a window comes up asking me to choose.

One of the biggest complaints I have with the X is all the extra clicks you have to make to get something to happen. Too many steps which waste time. Yeah, you can argue the flexibility is desired in some cases but not when it costs productivity.

Next time it asks you to choose which app to use, notice that there's a checkbox that will allow you to make that app the default for that action. Check the checkbox, select the app you want to use and you won't be asked again.

Note that there are two or three different actions for browsers, so it might take 2 or three times to set a default browser, but only one for SMS or dialers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones