• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touch and lock sounds not working?

I'm aware that there is a volume issue in general but my phone seems loud enough for me as far as ringtones, music, etc. but I have absolutely NO sound when it comes to the touch sounds. I don't hear a lock/unlock sound, no sounds when I type, and no sounds when I click on anything. I battery pulled, unselected and reselected the options, maxed out all volumes, reset the phone and did everything over again.

I even took it back to Verizon and got it swapped, but the one they gave me acts the same exact way. I felt like I was going crazy and the sales guy didn't seem too thrilled about it, so I walked over to the display unit and the lock/unlock sound DID work (although VERY low). It didn't have any other sounds working though so it didn't help my case much. Another rep had a nexus and I checked the sound on his. Same story with his and the display unit.

The thing that drives me mad is my friend who also got the Nexus sent me a video of all his sounds working and they were actually audible to what I'd expect to find in any Android phone, so this drives me even more nuts because I KNOW it should be working properly.

So bottom line is this, anyone else experiencing this problem or have suggestions? I've been trying anything possible but nothing has helped.

P.S. - I don't care how mundane this detail is, I have grown accustomed to it and want it, so please don't attack my personal tastes just because you may not care about this certain feature.

Hey,

I was doing some research on google and found this solution.

Download Audio Manager from Market. Once you open this app there should be System Volume. For some reason my System volume was set to 1 and since the volume was too soft, I couldn't hear the Touch or Lock/Unlock sound.

I turn it up all the way to 7 and now I can hear it but only in quiet surroundings.

I will try volume+ to see it the volume will increase.

Well good luck and let me know if you guys find any other solutions.

Reactions: badandy0014
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones