• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch.Facebook Site Not Showing Home Page

Jethro

Nov 10, 2009
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this issue? I had been using the Facebook Touch site as my main interface for FB (touch.facebook.com). It worked fine for a few months, but in the last couple weeks I no longer see anything on the home page. I just see the top banner with navigation and the footer bar - nothing else. Most of the other tabs display fine, only the main home page.

I am able to see the full site and the mobile site (m.facebook.com) just fine.

I tried emptying the cache, deleting cookies, relogging in, restarting phone, disabling mobile device mode, etc. Still blank.

Anyone?

Same problem as well. I noticed if you look carefully at the blank area you'll see three blank vertical bars, which is Facebook's "loading" icon. It must be a new bug with their site.

Like Thedarksunlight said, I usually just click one of the top buttons to go to Home or Inbox or whatever. This site is still better than the horrid application.

Upvote 0
Hi

I've just been searching for this issue and found your forum, the only thing is though, and this may be of use to you, is that I'm having this problem on my Nokia 5800 and I think my wife's ipod touch might be having the same problem so it looks like an FB issue.

I'm going to try reporting it to them, although it might take a while to find out how to (!) but maybe you guys could try too?

All the best
John

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones