• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TouchFLO problem

feste

Lurker
Jan 7, 2010
Hello

I have the HERO for about 3 weeks now. Until yesterday everthing was ok with the phone, but since yesterday i get this message: "The application TouchFLO (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" when i want to use the weather widget. When this message appears i get only Force Close as an option. Anyone has any ideea what is this about?

Thx

Hello

I have the HERO for about 3 weeks now. Until yesterday everthing was ok with the phone, but since yesterday i get this message: "The application TouchFLO (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" when i want to use the weather widget. When this message appears i get only Force Close as an option. Anyone has any ideea what is this about?

Thx

I have this exact problem. It occurred recently after 1 month prior usage and no problem like this appearing.

I do not have any auto-task-killer running.

Also, since I am new to Android, I do not know the relationships between that error and the following:

(1) The Hero SenseUI is gone, other than the background wallpaper.
(2) The 7 home screens are replaced with 3.
(3) I do not know if the "Scenes" I saved within the Settings controls, which use all 7 screens of Hero's SenseUI are recoverable, or if I am S.O.O.L.

If there is not a known fix for this problem (GSM Hero, running android 1.5, the latest available to me), and I have to do a factory-reset, then what steps must I first take to preserve my SCENE settings files, which are saved to disk.

Are they saved to device or to SD card? If to the SD card, where would I look for them? In which directory? how are they named? (for example, my own name for one of these scenes is "rh1"

And must I copy these Scene setting files to my computer before trying to correct this problem? In other words, if the files reside on my SD card, and IF i must do a factory reset, then would these files get overwritten in that process (for whatever reason), or would they be accesssible on my SD card after a factory reset without worry?

Finally, if I must do a factory reset, and start all over, then what happens if I try to restore a Scene setting, when the apps and widgets associated with it are not yet installed?

Thank you in advance.

/quicksite/XDA-devs

Upvote 0
quicksite,

It sounds like you are using the stock Home rather than Sense UI. I expect the phone defaulted to the stock home after Sense crashed.

If you go into > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications then wait about a decade for it to load. Scroll down to 'Home' and click 'clear defaults'. Then click the home button and you should get the option to select Sense.

If 'clear defaults' is grayed out then you do have a serious issue with Sense that will probably require a factory reset.

Reactions: quicksite
Upvote 0
quicksite,

It sounds like you are using the stock Home rather than Sense UI. I expect the phone defaulted to the stock home after Sense crashed.

If you go into > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications then wait about a decade for it to load. Scroll down to 'Home' and click 'clear defaults'. Then click the home button and you should get the option to select Sense.

If 'clear defaults' is grayed out then you do have a serious issue with Sense that will probably require a factory reset.

Greyed out is exactly what I have found multiple times trying this. Yes, I am using STOCK Hero.

Having come from years with Windows Mobile, I am (ugh) used to occasional "factory resets". But my biggest question is:

Will my saved SenseUI SCENE files be preserved? Are they saved by default to device or to SD card. What is the suspected file path for those files?

If I do factory reset, then easily 50-70% of items contained within my saved SCENE file are not present and would have to be downloaded again. That's no problem.

But at which point do I then attempt a RESTORE Scene... I don't know if that is the lingo... Do I run the restore and have all sorts of widgets say "unavailable" ... or do I try to downlaod and install as many of the market apps and widgets I had before -- and only THEN try to restore.

All in all please please tell me the Scene saved files will remember layout and the settings for widgets such as the replacement Flip CLock and weather which comes from the market, in place of HTC's default version --- as recommended by many for battery preservation, not to mention mucho customization of clock elements and weather widgets.

Anxiously awaiting your reply :) thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones