• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen intermittently unresponsive in refurb Froyo when connected to USB

firegold21

Feb 19, 2011
I just got a refurbished Fascinate to replace one where the camera app stopped working after the Froyo OTA update. This one works well, and I've started repopulating it with my apps. I've run into a problem, however; the touchscreen begins not reacting to touch when it's plugged in to the USB.

I have to either turn the screen off and back on (sometimes repeatedly) or repeatedly tap the desired area before it recognizes there's a touch.

Now, if I only rarely tried using the phone when it was charging, it wouldn't be an issue. However, I do use the phone while charging fairly often; playing games that drain the battery, responding to a text that comes in while it's charging, etc.

So I guess it's back to the Verizon store today. Unless anyone has a DIY fix I can try before then.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones