• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen not working

linuts01

Apr 15, 2012
All of a sudden the Capacative touch screen on my X8 has started playing up. I cannot use any anything, i even have to remove the battery to restart the phone.

Once restarted it works for a while, then it will freeze again, I used the repair PC feature of PC Companion, worked for a while ( a couple of hours) then started to freeze again.:mad:

Any idea on what is causing this.:thinking:

cheers

Did as you suggested, but its still playing up...:mad: Was told by a Telco that the screen needs to be Calibrated because sometimes when you touch an icon it opens something else...:thinking:

Is it possible to get this phone Calibrated..? or just bin it and get a new one. Which i'm loath to do as i quite like the xPeria.

cheers

Upvote 0
O.K. i have Rooted the phone (SuperOneClick) and managed to install xrecovery, I had to pull the battery to re-boot, went into xrecovery...wiped the cache and did a full factory restore (full wipe), rebooted the phone...worked for a while then froze again :mad:

I waited for a couple of hours and tried the phone again and it worked (for a while)...:thinking: It seems to me that the touch screen is the thing that is freezing it...If i leave the phone alone for a couple of hours then i can unlock it, but if i try to change any settings ( say sounds/display/wifi) it will freeze again.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones