• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TPT Warm Updater help

yahar

Dec 2, 2010
I just installed Myns TwopointTwo. When I go to use the Warm Updater to search for themes it tells me I need to configure servers. I have searched all over the evo settings and can not find any options to configure one. Where is it?

Also how do I find names of servers to use?

I just installed Myns TwopointTwo. When I go to use the Warm Updater to search for themes it tells me I need to configure servers. I have searched all over the evo settings and can not find any options to configure one. Where is it?

Also how do I find names of servers to use?

While in the updater, menu/configuration/addon/theme update settings/manage addon/theme servers...then menu then updatefeatured addon/theme server.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I got it working. When t try to install a theme and reboot it gives me the picture of the Android with the exclamation mark. Is this because I'm not using akin ra? I thoughtamon ra couldn't be ised on ego.

See my last post, lol. You need to use Amon RA recovery instead of Clockwork if you want to use Warm Updater. Just remember you won't be able to use ROM manager if you switch to RA (not that I recommend using ROM manager; it's just a fact). If you want RA recovery, you can install ROM manager if you don't have it, then select the option to flash an alternate recovery. If you'd rather avoid ROM manager, you can get it from here. Instructions are in the thread for how to flash it. Let me know if you have any issues with that.

Reactions: yahar
Upvote 0
For some reason I thought it couldn't be used on evo. When I go in Rom manager "flash alternate recovery" its keyed out and I can't pick it. Guess ill follow your link.

Yeah ROM manager is weird sometimes. If you want to try and make it work, you can uninstall it, then reinstall it, then it might work. Or you could just go the PC36IMG.zip file. It's more reliable, that's for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones